Don't know if my pc can match any of the folding teams here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Is my computer strong enough to join one of the folding teams ?
Currently I am in the process of getting a new power supply and a ide to sata converter for one of my hdd's.
I should be or my computer will be back at full strength starting on january 6th 2010.

Most people fold with their GPU's now as they get more Work Units done and faster than CPU folding. But CPU folding gets some of the bigger point value ones from what i remember.

I started on my P4 folding 1 Wu every 4 days. Every little bit counts.

Most people fold with their GPU's now as they get more Work Units done and faster than CPU folding. But CPU folding gets some of the bigger point value ones from what i remember.

I started on my P4 folding 1 Wu every 4 days. Every little bit counts.

Ok then, were exactly do I need to look for the guidelines and get signed up for tech-forums folding team ?
I've been here for about 5 years and don't trust some of the other computer forums that have their own folding team and crew.

you dont really 'sign up' just download the f@h client, choose a user name and be sure to put our team number 12864. do that and you're all set :D

Thanks for the info, I'll get started christmas morning since I won't be home for a day.

Your best option is to run a vmware *nix setup like notfred. The *nix cores are more refined and so run more efficient.

Its also alot simpler to setup and run.

Hardest thing bto do is Setup the vmare player/server.
Folding Virtual Appliance is the d/l and setup site. I'd limit the vmware to 2 cores and you'll still run better than 3 cores in windows.

The linux is ALWAYs your best ppd, due to its more efficient cores. Depending if you use it for much other stuff, while folding, but 4 core vmware *nix will get yiou very good ppd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom