Domb don dondon dumb........ A storm is a common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee mikey, that ebay post looks exactly like the L5639 ES <-- The important part there. It only produces the same as mny 950, so not a huge deal, though it does oc well :)

I'm very very tempted to get a cheapish Asus 2p atx board and 6 Gig. Stupid sr-2s are $450+ and are odd shaped :( but can oc.

It ryhmes with dual hex xeons

Newegg.ca - ASUS Z8NA-D6C (MIO) Dual LGA 1366 Intel 5500 ATX Dual Intel Xeon 5500 and 5600 Series w/ MIO Sound card Server/Workstation Motherboard
Seems I got the last one! thank you auto notify

Got a 2nd l5639, @ $300
No ram choosen yet, but will be 12 Gigs due to triple.
Have the hfs choosen, but will buy them when I finallize ram.

Being it an atx board I'll reuse my 650d, and psu.

Setup will be good for 50k smp 70-100k on bigadvc/bigbetas and draw about 500W of power as compared to a gpu making 18k and drawing 200W of power and heat.

If i then run my 560ti, the i7 950 and a 260, I'm at 47k ppd there

Basically optimized, I will double our team output.

Why didn't you go for the Z8NA-D6? It is only a few bucks more, in stock often, and allows use of every possible SATA connection, the D6C has a LOT of SATA connections un-available....

Grats on the new machine.

I also got a new dual processor machine recently. Unfortunately mine is just 2 * 550MHz P3 so it won't quite as good at folding as yours :)

Kmote, did you mean socket 370 dual slot processors ?
AnandTech - Gigabyte GA-6VXD7 Dual Socket-370 Apollo Pro133A ATX

I kid you not, but my old professor Mr upky had one of these in his test training labs.
He was going to let me test it for one of my final exams, but he said I had lack of advance bios errors it would give me.
I never seen that thing run fast even for 550mhz it did justice better than the p4's we had in our systems.

With a little bit of safe tinkering, you might be able to get that to hit 600mhz stable, not unless the mobo is blocking you from doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom