Domb don dondon dumb........ A storm is a common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I totally don't remember writing this... Hopefully there was no drunk dialing too :O

And Um, I am Canadian eh! We ah, drink da BEER eh! or the Canadian Club Rye nes pa.

But I ah, do remember, eh, a bit of Ebay there and ah, buying a ah, something beginning in the letter "L" and haveing 6 of something too.

That and someones gotta pick up your folding slack. ;)

Well, my storm was less than stellar... but I'm saving electricity.

Picked up an L5639 ES, hex core 2.13Ghz (17 multi) and have it currently OC'd to 3.3Ghz, There goes the Low power, and making te same points as my old 3.6Ghz 950, but at 10-15C less temp.

Next step is maybe a 2nd L and a 2p board.. or sr-2 for overclocking funness.

Yes and no. Its saving me money as its alot more efficient and it'll be cooler in the summer. The cpu was only $300, and uif i get more fiddle time I should be able to get a bit more out of it with better RAM Timings.

I also just realized, its dumbing down to 10 from 11 as the projects don't like odd numbers. So its 300mhz slower and 1 core less.

I'm happy overall, but will be estatic if i can clock higher.

Well, my storm was less than stellar... but I'm saving electricity.

Picked up an L5639 ES, hex core 2.13Ghz (17 multi) and have it currently OC'd to 3.3Ghz, There goes the Low power, and making te same points as my old 3.6Ghz 950, but at 10-15C less temp.

Next step is maybe a 2nd L and a 2p board.. or sr-2 for overclocking funness.

How much money did you lay down for that cpu ? retail that thing is atleast close to 800.00.
Thats almost nearly the cost of that core i7 black edition model which very few people even have that kind of money for.

Looking at your cpu, I officiallly do not "Lobe" you anymore until I can talk one lucky seller or store out of a new hexa-core..

Intel Xeon Q3NE (L5639) 2.13 GHz 12MB 5.8GT/s Hex Core | eBay
I don't know if you seen that but you could have saved you some bucks and still have some left over for xmas. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom