Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
This is sad, but funny at the same time. This is what happens when you put up a 680 signed by whats-his-face for a folding contest.

foldinglol.jpg

What's even worse is that no one as "lowly" as us will get it. It'll go to one of those people who have a bazillion machines folding all at one and can knock out 55,000 WU's an hour.

but as long as it helps the cause I guess is all that matters.

What's even worse is that no one as "lowly" as us will get it. It'll go to one of those people who have a bazillion machines folding all at one and can knock out 55,000 WU's an hour.

but as long as it helps the cause I guess is all that matters.
I'm in this particular contest. The top 10 (minus the Tesla folding machine) will be put in a hat and the winner will be randomly drawn. So basically all you need to do is make it to the top 10. I'm pumping about 28k on my 580 alone so I think I'll be fine.

I'm in this particular contest. The top 10 (minus the Tesla folding machine) will be put in a hat and the winner will be randomly drawn. So basically all you need to do is make it to the top 10. I'm pumping about 28k on my 580 alone so I think I'll be fine.

What do you want us to do for you to win it ?
Honestly my system is not best for folding but only for a small amount of days.
If you want me to lend you a hand and donate folding points to you I'm for it.
Points maybe under 5000ppt every 2 days but its better than nothing.
I'm sure paton won't mind you loaning you his canadian bear graphic card points to you if needed.

I've got some personal issues I am dealing with, so don't count on me much for folding support.

I actually just backed out as my hardware was making this apartment unbearable between 5PM and 9PM. First few days I wasn't here so didn't notice it. Felt really sorry for our room mates as the AC was literally freezing them in their room because it was trying to keep up with the heat in the living room lol.

I actually just backed out as my hardware was making this apartment unbearable between 5PM and 9PM. First few days I wasn't here so didn't notice it. Felt really sorry for our room mates as the AC was literally freezing them in their room because it was trying to keep up with the heat in the living room lol.

Long Lived Intel as the best easy baked oven! :smile:
Well, I feel bad for you and them mostly, I guess some of us are forgetting when Intel/AMD folds during the day it can get to be abit to crispy during spring/summer.

You may want to drop down the clock speed abit, so it doesn't warm up half the apartment space.
Sad as it is, I'll need to drop down from 3.6ghz to about 2.8ghz for the time being. -_-

Long Lived Intel as the best easy baked oven! :smile:
Well, I feel bad for you and them mostly, I guess some of us are forgetting when Intel/AMD folds during the day it can get to be abit to crispy during spring/summer.

You may want to drop down the clock speed abit, so it doesn't warm up half the apartment space.
Sad as it is, I'll need to drop down from 3.6ghz to about 2.8ghz for the time being. -_-
I wasn't folding on either of my CPUs. Only my 580. These little units aren't made to cool folding rigs in big apartments with thing windows in the Texas heat unfortunately. It doesn't help that the area my PC is in has no fans at all because both ceiling fans are in the rooms. Funny thing is, this card doesn't get nowhere near as hot when gaming at 100%.

Intel run just fine.. i run my 50 at 70C and my xeons are running at 55C

If you can no run 24/7 at a set speed, you are over reaching.

I don't run my gpus anymore, i'm trying for efficency aka high ppd/watt, but saddly my bigadv days have now ended, stupid 8101 units!

For 1800 i can build a dual amd 6174 rig on a 4p board that'll make 300k ppd and draw 500W via cpu folding. A 680 draws 220-250W and makes 28k ppd.
So 3 times the price, twice the power for 100x the reward.

Well, its offical..... I'm back to **** points.

The a3 core is radically diffferent than the a5, as my l5639 setup makes basically the same points as my i7 950 on a3 smp!

Down 45-60k ppd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom