Computer Heating/Folding

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can read a lot more about it here:

Folding@home - Main

The ATI cards don't seem to pull the same points per day as the NVIDIA ones, it's explained on that sight but I've never bothered to figure out why. Anyways, here is the forum on folding with ATI cards:

Folding Forum • View forum - ATI specific issues

Here is the download you'll need to run the folding on your card:

Folding@home - DownloadWinOther

And finally some installation instructions:

Folding@home - WinGPUGuide

Goodluck and welcome to the folding team!

Remember, our team number is 12864!

The next gen of ATI cards are supposed to Fold as well as or better than Nvidia cards, or so they say. We shall see.

Lol, that would be my luck :p But they have been saying for a while that ATI would catch up...every new release seems to advertise that somewhere, or driver update etc... would be nice though, more level playing field. Although I think those of us who take folding into account when purchasing their gpu are a very small minority. I know I'd be using a 4870 rather than my 260 if folding wasn't high on my build criteria list.

New cards won't help me much, but it is good to see them support Folding.

Oh, and I added an actual image of the scales for you. ;)

The oter downfall of ATI is the socftware is still cpu heavy.

Once the wus get more intense, ati will come ahead. Its all how the fah software uses shaders as their work horses, and ATI doesn't have alot. But ATI is uited for more heavu math.

Well I got my build put together a few days ago. My OS took forever to come in is what was holding me back. I run the GPU/CPU clients together when I am on my PC, and just turn the GPU client off once I go in to a game and just run the other.

My temps run no higher than 55 C on both card and processor. I just this is normal and not harmful.

These WU are fairly large haha.

I have the Radeon 4850 with an AMD x4 940

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom