Beowulf Cluster Comping in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Would this be Possible, been doing some Reading on the Net and found Countless books on Beowulf Clusterd Computing on Sale at various online shops. What would I need to use this, in a Practical setup over the SOHO Network here at Home. Would it be as simple as Closeing down all the HFM.NET & F@H Clients and thus haveing them running via a Virtual Micines and thus have the three other systems as Slaves\Nodes?

What can I do and were do I start, as in being able to have one super Computer, "Relitivley speeking :thumbsup:" here at Home with one Master on the Network, with out haveing to Install a new OS. Hopefully not Linux, as I have no Idea with it.

Edit: Looks like the only Option mite be Linux, been doing some Reading and Computing Clusters in Microsoft from what I've read its HPC (High Proformence Compiting) wich their is a Dedicated OS for it, and up to SP2. Anyone Help.

So really Patton, the only option to have a Monster Rig is to run the smp Client for Ridiculus WUs and PPD would to have a Quad core or Eight Cores running under the Hood. But not acutally a Clusterd Home network, in particulat for the F@H Project. Honestly My head was Boxed last Night after doing countless reading on the subject, only found HPC from Microsoft after about two Hours, but am I right in thinking that even Linux wouldnt be any good for this job of F@H for the SMP Client, even the beta Versions running the -smp comand over the 4 Systems?

Edit Am I right in thinking the Beowulf Clusterd Computing Model is a Physical Network Topology or is it a Term referd to for the Linux OS?

So really Patton, the only option to have a Monster Rig is to run the smp Client for Ridiculus WUs and PPD would to have a Quad core or Eight Cores running under the Hood. But not acutally a Clusterd Home network, in particulat for the F@H Project. Honestly My head was Boxed last Night after doing countless reading on the subject, only found HPC from Microsoft after about two Hours, but am I right in thinking that even Linux wouldnt be any good for this job of F@H for the SMP Client, even the beta Versions running the -smp comand over the 4 Systems?

Edit Am I right in thinking the Beowulf Clusterd Computing Model is a Physical Network Topology or is it a Term referd to for the Linux OS?

You don't need to have a monster rig, a 2600k overclocked will do like 40kppd.

While a consumer cluster setup won't work right... HP Cloud Services: Now in Private Beta | HP Cloud Services does work.

Also powering multiple full systems is pricey, and makes alot of heat n noise.

Thanks alot gyes for your Advice, think you've saved me alot of Time, and certainly alot of hassle. Was going to set up a Lunix system here at home over the Michines. But if the Speed are not going to cope with a Multiple of Single cores over a Baowulf Topology than thats fine, Ill stick with the Router to the Swich and thus the Systems connected to the Swich.

Not sure how much Power it is useing but then again I'm not paying for electroisity at the min. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom