Back to folding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I did clear it with the appropriate dude. Funny thing is he folds too, and was kinda bummed he hadn't thought of putting it on the servers :) win for me!

We have servers for the most basic of tasks, e.g. one server (quad core) is used just to access an antivirus admin console. That's it. And then only once every so often. I could shut it down and nobody would probably notice for years. Well, it's running f@h now :D

Nice.

Its nice, we have a small team, but we're pretty productive.

Too bad nobodies got an i7 free to power fold the 50k wus.

S0ULphIRE your tag... if you care.
sigimage.php

ooo...we're going to crack top 100 for sure.

Hey soulphire, can you give us an idea of what this folding farm consist of?

thanks paton, how do you get those anyway?

I don't have a list, but from memory right now I'm running...

1x Q6600 server
1x dual Xeon (5500's or something. Can't remember atm)
1x C2D 6550
1x Macbook Pro
2x Xserves (installed but not working yet I don't think. Proxy ain't letting the stuff through. Gotta fix that...)

Coming...

4x Xeon Xserves
1x E8400
1x Q6600

Soul with those dual xeons.. you might beable to run the big advanced unts... thasts 50K+ points.

But the xeon chip needs to be known.. ohhhhhh the pt bonanza......

On a nother note ........ got my summer power bill........ oops 300 bucks for 64 hot days! at 0.058 and 0.067 cents a kilowatt.

Not too bad probably 2 bucks for the folding a day.

lol, WOW. I just realised the clients were only using one core on all the machines I'd installed it on. The Xeon was using one out of its eight, for a total of 13% CPU usage max. Just googled around a little, apparently SMP is what I need lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom