Attempting to fold again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_Corpse

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I have attempting folding in the past, but that was on a p4 chip and with a much different video card. For now, I am running an amd athlon x2 dual core with a 5770. Well, I just downloaded and installed the GPU client and when I attempt to run folding@home... it comes up with a pop up saying my drivers are not supported (9.12). Any help on this matter would be great. I figured that folding in my free time with this card would do much better than with this old dual core. Thanks!

Chris

Yha the 5'series have some issues being new.

You can trick it by using the -forcegpu_r700 flag. Also being an ATI it'll use alot of cpu, a whole core, but using enviromental variables you can cut that to but 5%.

Welcome to the team... if we can get you running.

well its not much, but i downloaded the cpu client and left it on overnight. But 365 points added for the team. Just wish this processor was quicker or the gpu client worked. Oh well, in due time. :)

well I've tried the -forcegpu ati_r700 trick in the properties, but to no avail. Ill stick with the regular f@h unless someone has some more suggestions?

ps- can someone help me out with my signature? Trying to follow directions on extreme overclocking and its not 100% clear to me.. But then again it is 3am

It's not in the properties.

I assume you're running the systray version... leaves an icon in the tray.

What you do is you is create a shortcut to the exe After the shortcut location, in the target box, you add the -forcegpu_r700

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu\Folding@home.exe" -forcegpu ati_r700

Like that if your running Vista x64

Mak + trotter - Thanks, I knew it was something simple and just wasn't registering that late at night.

Paton - Yes, I created the shortcut on my desktop, and added the -forcegpu ati_r700 after the quotes in the Start in: box. Unless I am still doing this wrong. But after reading a bunch of those forum topics and going through some of the folding@home forum, that's what it seem I needed to do.

Nvm - I got it running. It a bad thing that I have both f@h and f@h gpu running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom