Another one bites the dust....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the board that powers my desktop...very nice board indeed.

Sucks about the folding issues....i dont feel so bad now having dropped to 10K ppd.

Well, looks like my ppd will be taking a hit for a while, I think my MSI K9A2 Plat which is running my quad gpu folding rig has kicked the bucket. My brother was over a few weeks ago playing around with it when I wasn't looking, started getting BSODs out of the blue, figured it was overdue anyways for a reformat so gave it a go. Then started having serious issues, wouldn't boot, would just turn on all the fans to 100% and sit like that, didnt event get to the bios check. Also, later, for no reason started getting a Warning your overclock has caused an error sort of message at boot up, before bios run, after about a half dozen CMOS resets I finally got it to boot into XP, lasted a day before going back to that dead boot problem. Works about 1 in 5 boots now...and lasts about a day before kicking back out. Time to start hunting either for another MSI K9A2 Plat or a Foxconn Destroyer 780a. Don't want to have to spend much on fixing this, hopefully can find some quad pci dual slot mobo around.

Yaye, the fun of folding continues :p

Well newegg.com still has the mobo I bought in stock last christmas, the features maybe a little bit limited, but it sure enough gets the job done.

MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 also it will support a AM3 CPU up to 95watts, I think one of the lower end Phenom II's under 95 watts should handle your needs just fine.

Well newegg.com still has the mobo I bought in stock last christmas, the features maybe a little bit limited, but it sure enough gets the job done.

MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 also it will support a AM3 CPU up to 95watts, I think one of the lower end Phenom II's under 95 watts should handle your needs just fine.

Not really going to meet my needs...short about 3 video card slots. Thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom