4890 + 8800gts folding

Status
Not open for further replies.
If win 7, i don't think you can.

I think only XP allowed it.

But either way, you need to get both cards installed, then most likely force the 2 clients to be ati and nvidia using a forcegpu_r600 and forcegpu_g80 flags.

Using newer drivers for nvidia won't work, so get 18x.xx ones.

i remember reading something about vista not allowing multiple video drivers, but i think win7 allows it. i'll try the flags. should i install both clients, then set the flags?

thanks. read through the thread, set up the 2 folders like said, and it still wouldn't work. then i saw this:

"The key that I found, is you need to have the nvidia as gpu 0, and the ATI as gpu 1."

How would I go about doing that?

Yha... got me ..... maybe with the force gpu flags...
-forcegpu
This new switch for the v6.x GPU2 client is used to bypass the automatic hardware detection routine for non-standard i.e. non-consumer oriented cards like the nVidia Tesla. It can also be used with newly released GPU models that have not yet been added to the GPU2 client's hardware detection list. To use this flag you need to supply a gpu core type option, for example:

-forcegpu ati_r600
-forcegpu ati_r700
-forcegpu nvidia_g80
Note: This flag may also help with headless multi-gpu setups on which the client does not acknowledge the presence of multiple GPUs. These are the only product families supported by this switch type at this time, ATI 3xxx, ATI 4xxx, and NV G80s.

Then use the gpu 0 and the nvdia flag and gpu 1 ati flag.

Try thoses.. hopefully it will go... if not, i'll get better info from buddy for you.

didn't work... :(

and i still havent been able to get physx to work either :very_angry:

edit: does the order of the flags matter at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom