As of 19-Feb-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually really good, a lot of it depends on rates, our rates here can't easily be calculated here because they vary based on the regions actual load, and the actual rate varys day by day. One day a 70% load on the local system can be fractions of a cent, the next day it could be 50 cents for the same load at the same time. This is why I HATE these new meters, they are killing people and making so much money off this crap. I don't see why I have to pay 6x more than someone that lives 10 miles from me that uses the same amount of power.

I will look into doing smaller WU's, right now im doing ones that take about 3 days.... Just curious though, why doesn't F@H ever max my CPU out? It rarely ever goes above 25%.... Sometimes 50%....

the sad part is I haven't looked at our electric bills in years. The wife handles all that, but I do know it's usually about 180ish a month.

I also have 1 GPU and 1 CPU running. The CPU of course is on the laptop. For some reason it doesn't like the GPU version for the 5870m.

GPU version on laptops is a bit harsh on them... Mostly due to that heat, I was running F@H on an 8600M GT for a long time, till I heard of them graphics cores having a defect that can cause them to crack under high heat.

I will look into doing smaller WU's, right now im doing ones that take about 3 days.... Just curious though, why doesn't F@H ever max my CPU out? It rarely ever goes above 25%.... Sometimes 50%....

That sounds like an a4 unit, long and 1 core. Unless you run -configonly on initial startup... thats what happens. If you really want... ditch the unit, and you will get a smp unit, which will tax all your cores.

commmandline version of smp 6.

corrisive
Team 12864
passkey
tell the smp client to use 85% or 90% of of your cores.
When it ask for what type of work load unit want: say [BIG]
Tell it also you want to handle new scientific work units
Disable highly assembled code: no
Tell it at the bottom clock is fine, tell it to let the smp client upload without permission and download.
Now for the good stuff, since your using a core i5 2500k I presume tell it to use -smp 4 -verbosity 9
You won't need bigadvmethods if everything is correct, you will be working on a fah 78 core.
Stop the client, delete the work unit data and that core file, start up the client again and it will see no wu files and give you a a3 core for the first time.

If you tell your client not to work above 80% of basic wu load, you will end up with normal units such as small a4, fah78 and possibly b4 units.

I was wondering why you were lagging behind man, anyway I'll let you run with with this info and manage it from here.

So it's a good thing it wouldn't load then huh? :p that's OK though... right now I'm not using it but for folding anyway. I'm home (for now) so my gaming is on the desktop.

I kicked my Folding back on. Completely forgot I had it off.

I've got to say I love tech-forums because its a small comunity.. And alot of people are verry knowelagble on issues I often need help with. But at the minute am F@H on three michines. I have my Systems up and running 24\7 so it dosent bother me. I use two laptops and one desktop, with super colling for the laptops. The Speks is'nt anything to boast about but its got me up their on that list baby. :D .

At the minute am not paying for electroisity but genrally use about 120 - 140 a Month as my property is all Electric. For me I dont mind folding, cus it keep me bysy when I have nothing to do, and gets the best out of the systems I'm useing..

At the Minute, I've got the three systems running in the Computer area, and just waiting on a VGA to S-Video & L-R Audio to use the other System I have in the liveing area, as im going to use it for Media with the old TV I have, as am skint and cant afford a lovely new shiney flat screen with HDMI or anything. Its an old system but will be F@H on it.. Thinking about the Speks I should get 500+PPD out of it.

I dont know about anyone else, but I use the three michines at the minute for verry different things inc F@H. Like I use certain michines for Downloading and another for Uploading, another for Browseing and this one for Media, when I get the VGA replacement cable. I do alot and it takes the strain of say the one Michine or two.

To be Honest I need to Invest in something to monitor my Power consumption me self. Anyone got any recomendations?

Also cusrious, the last Work Unit I compleated was on the 18th Feb, this month. Will the PPD be calculated and added to the Total Score I have amased up on compleation when one Michines hand the DATA back? thats something I've been curious about.

I must admit I dont know to much about Folding but I like the Idea, and that why av dedicated the Michines to it. For example on this Laptop, I have a number of 5040/7000, and have not a Clue what it means? On the older system I have had it regular as of 10000, but seems to be more level when it brings in the WU of 250, and I mite check it and will say 180\240. Think its the WU for that Time Period wich the Michine has been designated.

When the System for my Media, is up and Running, that will be on 24\7, an oldish but decent Tower system.

Just one last quick word. Not sure if this exsists, but its a shame you cant have a basic small system with a dedicated OS to Run F@H you knwo what a mean. Like mabie an Android system (If its Possible!) or small Linux basted OS, with some sort of Built in Visual display. Pritty much like a Tablet, purely for Folding.

Spud1200 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom