Zero Condenstation refrigerator PC cooling real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeuk

Baseband Member
I remember reading a while back in a post from a video editor that there is a refrigerator specially designed for electronics which controls condensation therefore keeping the heat out, and the sound in.

It sounded like a brilliant idea, because with a small hole for the mouse and keyboard wires, (then seal up the open spaces or whatnot) you are running on super low temps with no risk of leaks, or noise at all. It also seems convenient, and possibly cheap?

Can anyone confirm such a fridge's existence, or something similar?

vapor phase change cooling is what makes a refrigerator cold. it is used in electronics by making putting the part that getts really cold directly on the cpu... u need to use gell to keep condensation from shorting the mobo. i'll talk more about this later

cwiz said:
vapor phase change cooling is what makes a refrigerator cold. it is used in electronics by making putting the part that getts really cold directly on the cpu... u need to use gell to keep condensation from shorting the mobo. i'll talk more about this later

How much does an efficient, decent system of these things cost, and considering I've never even installed a simple water cooling structure, would I ever be able to install this one?

you can get a custom built phase unit for about 400-500, aor find a used one for between 300 and 400

No point buying a low performance Asetek one...

Are they really very super difficult to install, and if I make a mistake will everything explode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom