Zalman ZF700-CU vs NV Silencer 5 - Which one??

Status
Not open for further replies.
espeed said:
If i can shave 15-20 off both ill be really happy.
If you're lucky, you MIGHT shave 7-10 off both. Video cards are hard to cool with air cooling, you start to see real results with watercooling/ phase change.

003 said:
If you're lucky, you MIGHT shave 7-10 off both. Video cards are hard to cool with air cooling, you start to see real results with watercooling/ phase change.

some of the reviews ive read have shown significant results, but anything from 10-20 i guess would be good. Anything to get out of the 70's hehe

003 said:
The VF700-Cu is much better. The NV silencer was designed to do just what it is called, silence the video card, not provide extra cooling (although it is slightly better than most stock coolers). A common mistake most people make.

EDIT:
:p Have you ever tried Doom 3 @ 425 core on air cooling? :mad:
Um, not really. The NV 5 IS designed to provide much better cooling than stock, and was proven to do so on mine, where it lowered my load temps by close to 20C. My concern has been more on the design flaw mentioned above and not as much on the performance of the product.

Not sure what your edit means, I can run Doom at 425 on my air cooling no problem :D

idiotec said:
Not sure what your edit means, I can run Doom at 425 on my air cooling no problem :D
Then my 6800GT must be a lemmon. :( Ah well, gives me a reason for a 7800gt/x1800xl

003 said:
Then my 6800GT must be a lemmon. :( Ah well, gives me a reason for a 7800gt/x1800xl

Hey 003, what are you idle temps using the Zalman. And what are your load temps for games like doom3,FEAR etc?

idle, about 50C, but I think I applied the AS5 wrong, because all the reviews seem to have 45C and under for idle, I'm just to lazy to re apply it. Even if I applied it correctly, I would not be a good person to ask, because there is something wrong with my 6800gt.

003 said:
idle, about 50C, but I think I applied the AS5 wrong, because all the reviews seem to have 45C and under for idle, I'm just to lazy to re apply it. Even if I applied it correctly, I would not be a good person to ask, because there is something wrong with my 6800gt.

ok, so what were your idle temps with the stock cooler?

ive ran doom3 at 440 core for a few hours on my air cooling lol, yea yours must be a lemon, maybe its undervolting badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom