Zalman fan install

Status
Not open for further replies.

huck_finn

Baseband Member
So I got all my hardware today and started working on installing it. This is my first try at putting anything like this together, so you can understand why I'm a little nervous.

I have the Zalman 7700 fan, and the Gigabyte mobo... (see signature for details). The mobo has the fan mount built in with white pins... what's the best way to remove these pins so I can mount the new fan mount for the Zalman... and if I screw it up or it doesn't fit, can I put the original fan mount back?

It looked like there is plugs in between the white pins on the underside of the mobo... but I couldn't seem to pull them out with plyers.

Help... i'm scared.

Just take some tweezers and push in the sides that flare out and push up. The tension in the springs should do the rest. Also, make sure the mounting bracket screws have been removed.

I got it. There's a small pin that slips out of the pin with the prongs on the end of them (dont know how else to describe it) but the little pin can be pushed from the underside of the mobo and then the mount comes right off.

There is a word for that, my buddy just told me it the other night. You know how on, for example, bearings there are those clips that go througha single hole and than flare out? And you have to push the ends together in order to get it back through? There is a name for those, but I know exactly what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom