Zalman CNPS9500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
I've got a intel p4 3.2Ghz processor with the stock fan. My motherboard is an Asus P4S800 and I was thinking about switching the stock fan because it makes so much noise. Is the Zalman cnps9500 a good choise? I'm a real novice and what worries me is that it's so friggin big. Will it bend or break my motherboard? And in general is it a good choise for me?

zalman 9500...the currently greatest cpu cooler on earth

good choice

do you have an ATX mobo ? and do you have an ATX case? if you have anything smaller than that, it shouldn't work

but if its ATX, then it probably will work.

my mobo has a 20-pin/4-pin ATX 12V power connectors according to the user guide. Can't really see what kind of case i have. Looked in the inside and the outside but nothing. Did a little browsing and think I've got this one "Bon Chic KI6903BK-30V - INNO ATX PC-CASE". I do see some letters in the inside of the case saying:
A&M

ATX Holder
AT holder
Micro ATX Holder

there might be some letters before the atx holder and all because my motherboard is blokking it. But i guess this means I have the necessary specifications.

I take it, even though it's huge, I can attach it to the mobo without it getting bent or anything?

Ah, that was very useful thanks. My mobo needs a 7.5 mm gap between mobo and power supply. I don't think it'll fit but I'll do a proper measuring later. If it doesn't fit, is the CNPS7700, 7700-Cu or 7700-AICu a good substitute? This one is compatible...

well 1 the other two are using incredibly loud high cfm fans. and 2 the zalman has blue led's and looks pretty lol

anyways thats my .02 i have a 9500 myself and i love it. AT lan parties ppl are like omfg thats huge. LOL and for reference purposes the 9500cnps weighs less than the 7700cu
while the 9500 has more curface area on the fins.

:D

I have a zalman 9500. It was easy for me too install. I was worried that it would hit the side fan in the case because it is big but there was ample room to spare. It also looks cool with the blue LEDs. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom