Zalman cnps7000a-cu

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Smee

Baseband Member
Today i bought this HS after readin mnany great reviews on it for $65AUD i was so exited Until when i opend the cassing i noticed a 1 mm offset on the base of the HS where the CPU and HS connect! THIS IS SOOOO ANNOYIN and because im busy at work i am not able to retern it till Friday/Saterday this week.

Has Anyone else experinced this problem with the zalman cnps7000a-cu?

El_Smee

*Blood Pressure Riseing, Tempriture Boiling, Rage Building*

Every article I've read on that thing says you should check the dimensions before buying it because it is indeed a huge HS. I can't really visualize what you are talking about, don't suppose you could get a picture? But yeah basically everything I've heard about that HS is, is that it doesn't necessarily fit on everyboard because of transistors or things like that getting in the way, so you might be SOL, but checking dimensions is always a must

394_zalman-surface.jpg

this picture is oviously of the same heatsink without the same problem as mine

On my base plate there is a 1mm offset in the centre an overhang as such (a lip) so the surface is not flat

i dont think it would effect myself becauswe of the socect 478 connection i have the base of the HS has to fit in the cage provided but for some of the AMD usees this may be an issue

P.S plz deleat the bellow post i did it by accident

r u serious that is strange im srry i did post a picture up im not quite sure why it aint showing up

heres the url

bjorn3d.com/Material/Images/394_zalman-surface.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom