yay phase change is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jseber1982 said:
one thing though cwiz... the tube that goes from the unit to the cpu is in a sleeve... it has wire wrapped around inside it.. Is that to prevent kinking or is a wire that heats up to prevent condensation?

The bios says it is still at subzero.. yet the block is super hot. And the condenser is still at Negative 47C

sorry about not responding... the wire is so the tube doesnt kink. i doubt it heats up

when you say the bios says it is at subzero, im guessing you mean your processor. by "the block is super hot" do you mean the top of the block on the cpu?

the compressor is subzero,, says on the display on the prometia unit.. the bios says that the cpu is subzero also.. the prometia pipe,, and the block on top of the cpu( evaporator?) i thats what its called.... that is super hot also

one thing after another with this **** thing. no matter what sata port.. either single drive, or raided with multiple, it blue screens when it gets to the drive setup screen in winxp setup blahh. and yes iu have the most updated drivers on floppy

turns out my mem timings werent set right by default. i got windows installed now. loading up some stuff, will do benchmarks first thing in the morning

awwwww, imma have to wait a whole nother day for benchmarks!!!! pshh... my conroe system may be running in another day!!!! :( ... i'll be too busy benchmarking my system :(

if the block on top of the cpu is called the 'evaporator' then the system is pumping high pressure refrigerent to the block. there is an expansion valve right before the block that makes the refrigerant go from a high pressure liquid to a low pressure gas. this 'phase change' absorbs a large amount of energy at a very low temperature. the high temps that you are feeling may be the high pressure liquid. when the vapor is recompressed to a liquid, its temperature will go up, but it is the energy removed from the refrigerent via coils (i.e. the coils on the back of the frig) that will allow it to remove more heat from the cpu. just because the refrigerent is hot at a given point does not mean that it will not abosorb energy from the cpu.

that is my best stab at an explaination for why the top of your block is hot while the cpu is subzero.

yea that makes sense totally. I can feel a few spots on the hose where it is cool. So i guess one hot line and one cool line in the hose.,

this mobo is odd. I have 2 sticks of 512 in and it runs great, if i put 2 more 512 sticks in, it wont boot into windows. identical memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom