xp-m, the disappointment... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2004, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default xp-m, the disappointment...

so i got my new xp-m 2400+ today, and popped it into my kt400-ANB mobo, but behold the amazing disappointment when it views my cpu as "unkown CPU type 1000Mhz", i quickly checked the FSB and it was running at the 166 it should run at, and yet the multiplier is 6, when it should be around 10 if the math in my head is right... the mobo does not support changing the multiplier however and ive checked all the information on the jumpers on the board, no luck there either... is there any way to fix this? ive got a pheonix awardbios version6.00p if im not mistaken... should i go through the hassle of popping my 2800+ back in that ran at correct speeds? or can i fix this, any help would be appreciated.

The World is my trashcan and i intend to fill it...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

update ur bios

\"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.\"
Old 10-28-2004, 12:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Yeah if that doesn't help then it's because your board simply isn't made for overclocking. You'll need a board that'll have all the adequate features you require for overclocking. Not only that but you'll need to lock your AGP:PCI bus or you'll fry your components when raising the FSB so I hope you're doing that when raising it to 166.... My NF7-S2G didn't have the option to allow me to change the multiplier so I had to buy the NF7-S v2 for all the OC'ing options you could ever need.

Updating the BIOS won't necessarily be your solution so you should see what version you have, when it was made, and what the new version has to offer.
Closed Thread