Xfx 7900gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
soft shadows KILL performance in that game. Beyond that dude you're running with freakin 16x AF which is pretty insane, and even further beyond that 4x AA, 4x AA with soft shadows as it is, is a massive performance killer. Couple that with every single thing maxed out and a poorly written game engine that is a resource hog and drains the computer of system memory and yeah, 66FPS under those conditions even at 1024x768 is dang good.

I find it strange that you're not noticing a performance difference with soft shadows being turned on and off considering ANY bench you look at, or even personal experience on my side, disabling soft shadows gives quite a performance increase.

Personally I'd rather play without it, and up the resolution and AA, and AF or something, because IMO they don't look that great to constitute the performance drop anyway, but if you say there is no performance drop then I guess it doesn't matter.

Also, on a COMPLETELY, unrelated note....check this out :p

http://www.trueswords.com/final-fantasy-sephiroth-masamune-sword-p-7.html

only reason I bring it up, is because you mentioned you had the rouroni kenshin reversed blade like I do in that picture thread, so I figured you'd probably appreciate that.

I think I may have to buy that. Measure out 50" on a tape measure, that's just the blade....68" all together, that thing is freakin massive. I must have it :drool: :D

Sorry for going way off there haha

OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE SELLING THAT! i've always wanted me a masamune! i'd sharpen that baby up and have it ready to kill!!! wow, thats insane.. massive sword... now they just need sanosuke's sword... hahaha, now that would just be ridiculous

OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE SELLING THAT! i've always wanted me a masamune! i'd sharpen that baby up and have it ready to kill!!! wow, thats insane.. massive sword... now they just need sanosuke's sword... hahaha, now that would just be ridiculous
I saw it at animecastle first, and it's about $25 cheaper, BUT, it's a red one, and the guard isn't the same =/ I e-mailed them tonight to see if they will get in a black one like that because I want one as close to in the movie as possible. I saw a dude commenting on it though and he had a lot of complaints lol. He said the handle is actually blue, and theres no 'hamon' which is the wave pattern in the blade, and apparently the way it's sharpened is beveled like a knife which it shouldn't be.

They do have kadaj's double sword though :D

If animecastle doesn't plan on getting in the black one with the more accurate guard, I guess I'll have to splurge on getting that one there.

Once again sorry for completely derailing your discussion here, but like I said, from the fact you had the rouroni kenshin reversed blade, I figured it was something you'd find interesting like myself. I just found it tonight and couldn't believe it.

I bet it'd be expensive as crap to have that professionally sharpened. I'd be too afraid to do it myself.

i have no problem with going offtopic.. if its anime related i'm all ears... or eyes! and when its something as cool as that! its all good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom