XFX 6800GS Pipes Unlocked!!!! Hurray!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but i just suggested using coolbits since you seem to be having trouble when using Rivatuner. Maybe coolbits will work.......

I am - you have to use Rivatuner to unlock the extra pipes. Coolbits won't and can't do it.

Well I've got the ones from guru 3d, still cant unlock. When I unlock them the screen is all distorted, o well I'll just overclock it since EVGA is pretty nice about warranty. Do they actually not care if you OC, or do you mean that you just tell them "umm yea I didn't overclock it at all...
W/ it locked still you can OC further. Idk if the performance balances out but it should still be fast none-the-less. Also to correct you both they cant technicaly tell that it has been OCed. Neither can you tell on a processor so OC the ***** high and if you can send it back on warranty then dont worry about it at all!:D
bonehelm- Ahhhh!!! You under estimate XFX, fantastic cards....I OC my 6600GT to 567 / 1147 and scored a 3746 in 3dmark05 (I'm sure you know but thats a very good OC) And they have a double lifetime warranty so even the person you sell it too will have a full warranty.
Im not fond of XFX, but i guess some ppl are....
It has been reported that you can also unlock pixel pipelines on the 6200 AGP version cards. These are the NV43 based cards. Stock, they come with 4 pixel pipelines and 3 vertex shaders. After the mod, you can enable 8 pixel pipelines. Accoring to this post by pxc the steps are the same for both cards. One thing to note is that coming out of hibernation mode resets the pipeline masking, so a reboot is necessary to re-enable all 8 pipelines.
How come i have a feeling my 9800XT would smoke it even w/ 8 pipes?:p Simply put Coolbits is for the Nvidia OC dummy and Rivatuner is for the advanced user. I find Rivatuner VERY eas to use and i didnt have to have any help. THen again i guess some ppl get programs like that easily ya? TO all of you though how come i have a feeling my 6800GT would still be better than an OCed 6800GS or even the one w/ pipes unlocked?

Well of course the GT is better, there was never any doubt about that for the AGP version of the card. Reason I got a GS was that the GT had been discontinued, so I got screwed.

Umm ive been seeing GTs on ebay for like 31 dollars. I was looking at one for 4 days and when i saw it it was 31 and in 3 days it only went up 20 bucks. You just gotta look around. I also saw a 6800ultraOC for 91. All AGP of course.

FYI if you try and unlock pipelines and end up with artifacting and screen distortion, the pipelines are physically broken and it doesn't matter what driver version or utility you try and use, they aren't going to work

The 6800GS for AGP only really seems practical if you are able to unlock the extra pipelines and vertex shaders, otherwise it doesn't look much different than a 6800 vanilla to me

FYI if you try and unlock pipelines and end up with artifacting and screen distortion, the pipelines are physically broken and it doesn't matter what driver version or utility you try and use, they aren't going to work
True that.
The 6800GS for AGP only really seems practical if you are able to unlock the extra pipelines and vertex shaders, otherwise it doesn't look much different than a 6800 vanilla to me
And that. Except if im not mistaken the eVGA Vanilla can almost always unlock the extra pipes right?
can i both rivia tuner and coolbits installed?
I do. You have to have Coolbits installed to have the extra settings in the Nvidia tab and also to have the temperature monitor. I have both installed. Coolbits OCing is just sitting there but im using Rivatuner to OC my card.

TO all of you though how come i have a feeling my 6800GT would still be better than an OCed 6800GS or even the one w/ pipes unlocked? [/B]

Your GT would be better than an AGP OC'd GS...but an OC'd PCI-E GS has you beat...even with your GT OC'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom