XFX 6800GS Pipes Unlocked!!!! Hurray!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
Hurray!!! They work!!! Unlocked the pipes using Rivatuner and my 3dmark05 jumped over 500 points. Can't wait to OC.....:):):)

Nice what drivers do you have? I'm using the beta drivers on mine and when i unlocked the pipes everything was all distorted and messed up in windows.

I'm currently using the 83.40 forceware drivers. Crappy deal about the unlocking the pipes, it's really a crapshoot if there damaged or not, 50/50. The good news for you though is the ability to OC the **** outta the card, thats if you have a XFX or EVG which have lifetime warrianties .So OC the **** out of the card and if it breaks send it back and get a new/refurbised one.

Where do you get the drivers you are talking about? I got mine from nvidia.com but they are only at beta 82.12.

Go to www.downloads.guru3d.com to get all your driver needs and tweaking accesories. Threepwood i would consider getting drivers that wernt beta and try unlocking again. You dont always have to have the latest and greatest becasue sometimes older means more stable. Im still using the 81.94s cause they are stable as crap and i get a monster OC out of my 6800GT this way. Also Madwad BFG has a lifetime warranty as well.

Thanks P.P. Mguire I'll look into that and try unlocking again, what the heck. The reason I did go with the beta drivers is because the NVIDIA 81.98 drivers didnt support the 6800gs AGP, so I had to go with the beta ones.

PP- yea i knew i left someone out. So you find the 81.94 drivers really good and stable? I might give those a try.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom