Xaser III issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you're only supposed to have a BB sized drop of thermal compound in the middle of the heatspreader. You then put your heatsink straight down on it and it will make a nice flat circle covering the CPU Die underneath the heatspreader and ensuring a good contact.

You shouldn't have thermal paste covering the entire heatspreader and if good squished out the sides onto the probe when putting it on the side or edge of the heatspreader really suggests you've got way too much on there.

I wouldn't 'worry' about the airflow, nothing to worry about. It's still a good temps, I was just merely suggesting for better airflow and cooler system temps you should just replace the fans with higher CFM rated fans.

If you don't care about noise get a tornado although lemme tell you there are freaking loud as can be.

I have 13 fans in my system and the tornado overpowers them all as far as sound goes...you can definitely hear that beast whine up so I really wouldn't suggest throwing in multiple Tornados as regular case fans although you can be assured you'd have a LOT of air movement lol

Well this isnt a everyday computer this is just for gaming, so i will have volume turned up and all that, I think I have 2 bb size drops on mine. Sounds good for the fans I will have to look into those. Are they 120 or 80?

maybe I will just replace all 7 with new ones :) Nothin like the sound of a 747 in your room.

yeah and honestly if you really did have 7 of them I guarantee you it will sound like a 747...

Now mind you when I first was looking at the tornado I thought 'well hell I don't care about noise, I want cool!' but this tornado proved me wrong....I DO care about noise lol

It was way louder than I thought.

BTW high performance fans like the tornados are thicker than normal. They have a set of blades that don't move below the ones that do. The blades that sit still are rotated differently to add to the tornado effect. It basically compresses the air and forces it out at a higher rate of speed.

Anywho - Normal fan = 80x25mm

High performance = 80x38mm

Doubt that thickness will bother you though but just thought I'd let you know.

I really wouldn't suggest getting 7 of them though lol

1. They use about 9 watts a piece and like 2.4volts I believe
2. It will be a lot louder than you think
3. They are like $15 a piece

Yea I will prob get one for the top and one where my video card sits and leave the stock ones in there. I appreciate you rhelp on this, I was really worried about my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom