Xaser III issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRISH

Baseband Member
Ok I just got all my compnents in and got my system up and running and well the fans dont really seem to be pushing that much, seems like they are running slow and I have all the knobs set at max, I am also running a truecontrol 550 PS so power isnt the issue. Do these fans run normally pretty quiet? I can put my hands up to the filter holes on the case and can barely feel any air. Is this normal? My EQ says the system is runing at 31c.

Wow, 31c is damn good. What does your Fan rpm say? Dont forget that those fans are stock, also dont forget those are 80mm fans that you can replace for higher CFM out-put.

well actually the cpu is running idle at about 39 and the system is at 31. My Heatsing fan is at about 2040 but I dont know how to check for the other fans. There was no other place to plug them into the mb.

what kind of CPU do you have?

Either way though 39C is a good temp so I wouldn't be worried about it.

Your case isn't really pushing in and removing that much air though because if it was a significant amount then your case temperature would probably be in the 20's so I'd say your heatsink and fan are doing a good job cooling the CPU.

Like Codeine said you should possibly look into more powerful fans for more system air movement

Yea I go to like low to mid 50 while under load. I have a FX-64 3500 on a abit AV8 board which I regret getting now. What are some good fans to replace these with? There are currentlly 7 fans in this case.

Also the temp probe for the proc is confusing me. Teh instructions say to place it under the processor but with a 939 there is no way to do that. So I tried putting it between the proc and heatsing but I started getting errors prob due to the thermal compund. And the AV8 is really crappy for giving correct temp readouts.

The highest CFM and lowest decibal rated fan is what you want to look for. There really are no 'top brands' of fans really. There are brands that have stealth fans and stuff like that but those provide little air movement...I'm sure the Xaser is probably equipped with 'stealth' fans for quietness.

on a abit AV8 board which I regret getting now.
Why?

Well I dont know how to OC or anything like that but the big problem with this board is the horrible temp reading and how innacurate they are. And withought being able to utilize my temp probe on the case I have no idea what the real temp is. Abit will not comment on the situation and non of the bios releases are fixing the problem. And this seems to be a AV8 wide problem from the forums I have been reading.

Hmm that sucks.. Why can't you utilize the temp probe that came with your case.

Getting it onto the 64 CPU's heatspreader right under the heatsink and on the side of the heatspreader should be able to give you pretty accurate temps.

The temps that are being shown are really good especially for an AMD64 CPU, but 39C-45C seems pretty normal for your Idle temps.

Does the BIOS read insanely different from temp monitoring programs or are you getting your current temps from the BIOS as it is

That is where I had it to begin with but then I got HHH errors. When I took the heatsink off and pulled off the probe it was covered in the thermal and then I cleaned it off and it started working again, so I think the compound has somethign to do with how it works. And the bios is even giving starnge and flucuating readings, by at least 10-15C at any given time. Right now the temp is stable and has not changed since I reseated the heatsink. I am just worried about the airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom