X800XL wanna go higher!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VedZ

Beta member
hi all,

I've got an X800XL and its been performing nicely for me so far. With ATi Tray tools I have got it to be 439/1104. But for some reason it has been flowing in my mind that I can increase the voltage by using ATi Tools. I don't know why maybe I had read it somewhere. Can someone please confirm this :)

As for those of you who have this card you probably know that overclocking this isn't too thrilling. To get a significant clock(Im talking about 530-600 core and around 630 memory, I have heard you have to voltmod it or increase its voltage. I don't want to mod it just yet so maybe, im hoping theres a software that does this virtually.

thanks,

VedZ

439/1104 is pretty good. I have the same card and I run ATI Tools to get it at 420/1030 with an ambiant temp of 49 C.

bmitchell73 said:
439/1104 is pretty good. I have the same card and I run ATI Tools to get it at 420/1030 with an ambiant temp of 49 C.

What's the GPU temp? The ambient temp doesn't really matter.

gpu temp is prob higher

but our cards are lacking not because of heat but because of their architecture which is the 0.11 micron core which needs less volts to run. imo.

if temp was the prob i would have cranked it up to 600 + :) with dry ice on top lol.

but imo there is only a limit to how much OC you can do on specific volatages.

also i bet you can easily increase you memory clock.

try it out, i was stuck at the 510 range for a bit then for some reason it let me go to 552.

my gpu temp is around 41 idle with case closed and about 37 with case open. the environment temperature is a bit lower on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom