x2 3800+ overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i could even get mine to OC over 2.1ghz and windows still boot i will be dam happy.

something isnt going well. as soon as i went from 210 @ 5x to 211 it just hangs at boot up and restarts itself.

soooo soo lame..

5x HT me thinks... ram= 1gb (2 x 512mb) OCZ Gold GX XTC series (pc3200) the devider is at the default 2:2 and cpu voltage is the default setting too. mem timings = 2-3-2-5

ok,, but i cant do it now, because im at work and the PC is taking a nap nap back home. :p

i will try this when i get home..

ps: can OC'ing mess with your windows??

i tried to OC my GPU a little too aggresive and it crashed out my windows. and then bamm... downward spiral with BSOD all the time. i had to rebuild the drive.

overclocking can mess with windows if you have a highly unstable overclock it may make some horrible errors in calculations and corrupt files on your disk. i had this happen once with a pentium-166 i overclocked and it took it about 15 seconds to anhialate the hdd. don't worry. you have to take things WAY too far before you hit this point.

hey Nite

nope.. it didnt change a thing..... changed mem timings to 2-3-2-5 @ a 2:1 ratio... added the voltage 0.1 to mem..

then i upped to 215 @ x5 and still hangs on start up..

the message reads something like...

overclock now!! next time overclock hit the delete key before.
bla bla

it doesnt load the ide devices list.. it just restarts itself

strange!!

also i put the cpu voltage down and that changed nothing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom