x2 3800+ overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick....WTF are talking about?! I didn't even mention that! No where in my post was I comparing a dc to a sc....My post was about a DC playing games VS a DC playing games through both cores. This has nothing to do with a sc "3200" vs dc "3800".

I'm talking about a 3800 x2 vs 3800 x2. Yes..the same cpu, but gaming single thread vs dual thread. (The DC patch). This uses the second core instead of just the first. Simply playing a game with a dc is NOT DC gaming. DC gaming is what the people are talking about with FEAR, "dual threaded gaming". They seem to have found a game with better DC results though! :p

So don't tell me to learn the facts when you can't even read....

my apologies. i misinterpreted what you said. dual core gaming out of the mouths of most people would normally mean they are thinking of just playing a game with a dual core cpu. by the way i also got the number wrong, a venice at 2.4ghz is 4000+ not 3800+ so that kind of pushes past the need for even having the dual core patch.

Play which game so well? And what do you mean "still" use? Is there a second version of a dc patch out already?

DC gaming is a total flop...just like sli. It all sounds good and dandy till you glance at the benchy's!

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware...ges/amd6xaa.gif
http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?pag...&form_zip_code=
I really don't see your point. In the first link you gave, the X2 3800 received a 30% increase in performance at 1280x1024 4xAA with the multi threaded patch enabled. In addition, also with multi threaded enabled, the X2 3800 performed 16% better than the single core 3800 which runs 400Mhz faster than the X2 at that same resolution.

well idiotic i posted the 16x12 results which were fruitless. That was my main focus. yes, you are correct, the 12x10 worked a little better, but not nearly worth spendind oddles for a DC just yet. only about 15% better with the 4800x2

See it again here...Quake IV DC

no offence, but what i still don't get is throughout the 5 pages of this thread there hasn't really been a rave whatsoever about how much better dual cores are for gaming. we understand dual core gaming is not perfect. guessing by what PP said earlier he does the same as me. uses the second core to run a second high demand task at the same time.

wasnt this thread all about OC'ing the 3800 x2 and not about *****ing what is better for gaming, DC or SC???

stick to the topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom