x1950xt temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
I recently just purchased an x1950xt with a stock cooler. I have it clocked at 628/1836 which is a very weak overclock, but the temperatures on this thing are soaring. Under 3dmark06 I have seen this thing heat up to 94 degrees celsius, and while I have read the chipset can function properly at temperatures well into the 90's, it just seems to be running too hot compared to what many others have experienced.

What would you recommend I do? Also, my 3d mark score was roughly 6200 which seems rather low for my build. Any comments?

It should be able to overclock to XTX speeds, which is 650/2000. The temperatures are probably limiting it....but yea those temperatures are very high. I would suggest aftermarket cooling....and for that I would recommend the VF900. It should lower the temperatures significantly.

That score is kinda low, because I get 5666 with my X1950PRO.

Airflow is pretty good, but I think I'm going to attach a front fan to pull in more air -- but I don't know how effective it will be.

Having the VF900 on the X1950XT, along with a side fan in front of it, will greatly decrease the temperatures. That's what I did to mine and it loads at 50C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom