x1900xt bios problem, help you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I've tried to use the "Bios flash" thing that you can get on Xtreme Systems [by using ATIWinflash]

before I did it, I pressed "Save" and saved a backup rom [I think its a backup rom i do not know any longer]

Now the flash did not work so well, so I used the backup flash, it solved almost all my problems besides two,

now whenever I use Futuremark 3DMark softwares I get a red note saying i'm using a non-approved FHQL drivers or something like that [Tried reistalling drivers-nada]

And my Cataclyst control panel is acting weird and very slow now[Say I switch a setting, only 5-6 seconds after the cataclyst CP even notices I made a change and lets me apply it, or like, theres this car running to preview to you how does the effects look with on and off, Say I switch from on to off, the preview only updates 10 seconds after.. it did not do it before I tried this stupid bios flash :( ].

My question is, how can I make sure I cleaned the bios on the card and restored all of the default settings? I really don't feel like using warranty already, I just bought this card a week ago and a half...

Is there any place I can get an original X1900XT Bios?

I've got a Sapphire X1900XT [If the P/N number on the cooler means anything i'll look it up and post what it is...]

Please guys, any help is appreciated

Meh, I was sure if anything goes wrong you can just wipe out the whole bios and restart it to defaults like you can do to a motherboard's bios...

Regards,
-Jo

Just toying around with it...

Heard it could help you overclock sometimes, either way..... I was also pretty sure there is some sort of way to wipe it out to defaults if something messes up.. now im a little unsure..

is there anything to do abuot it or will I have to use RMA? >.< I can, but i'll really feel shitty because I bought this card liek a week ago..

-Jo.

Hmm here's an idea, I've got a friend who just bought a sapphire X1900XT, he's using everything on default [perhaps he has an overclock, im unsure], will it help if I ask him to save his bios using ATI Tool and load it on my card?

-Jo.

can you return things once you've tampered with them? If you ask for an RMA, and they give you one and return it...and check out the item...and discover it's been altered....do you get a refund? :p

your friend's bios might help but there's a chance it won't fix everything. With the likelihood of all those revisions for various chips you may be screwed until someone updates a viable user bios for ya :D

3dguru probably has original BIOS copies, although you really shouldn't flash the BIOS just to toy around with it. Pretty much ATItool or any other overclocking utility manually edits the BIOS but retains a copy of the original, unless you want your overclock permanently saved or say have unlocked pipelines you want permanently unlocked, or want to make a vcore or vram adjustment, there is no reason to flash the BIOS

To answer your 3Dmark question, I'm pretty sure I get that message too. It just means your drivers haven't been officially approved by Microsoft for use with windows

You're pretty much asking to fry your brand new expensive card though when you decide you're just going to flash for fun

Oh well, apperantly I had a screen shot of what bios version I had before the first flash, now everything is fixed :)

thank you all anyways.

Infact, I had to do nothing, my backup worked perfectly it just messed up the drivers, and even after reinstalling them I had leftovers from old drivers, so I used a driver cleaner on safe mode to clean itu p completley and everything runs SMOOTH now :)

lol, well I did not know that at first, gaara, that guide doesn't really specifys theres no way to reverse such an action, but oh well im glad everything turned out for the best. and I learned a couple of new things today so its not been completley pointless, I guess.

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom