X-SuperAlien Case and P4P800 - E Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddsk8er

Baseband Member
I have spent a lot of time looking for a decent case with ample cooling and a 500 watt psu. This was the only case I could find on Newegg, and I'd much rather buy the case with the psu instead of without (Like most xasers). Also, I really like the look of this case anyways along with some of its features.

The problem (I THINK it is a problem anyways... could be wrong :eek: ) is that the case specifications tell me this:

Mainboard Compatibility: ATX-Up to 11"W x 12"L

But the motherboard (I've never heard of the P4P800 - E Deluxe, but then again, the P4P800 - Deluxe disappeared from Newegg so I'm guessing its the same thing) says:

Form Factor: ATX
Dimensions: 12" x 9.6" (30.5cm x 24.5cm)

So... Am I out of luck with this case? I figured most mid towers would be compatible with pretty much any typical end-user's motherboard, but according to the dimensions I won't be able to install this motherboard into the case. Someone please tell me I'm wrong...

If I cannot install this motherboard into this case, can someone direct me to a motherboard that has similar features, and has a similar cost, but can be installed into this case? Oh, and I plan on getting a P4 2.4c GHZ with HT, OCZ Enhanced latency PC-3200 non ECC unbuffered.

um... well like im not sure. But i know that the motherboard mounts, u can move. So maybe u can move them? Im not really sure. You may be out of luck..

depending on the motherboard mounts you might be able to do it. plus theres a possibility that theyre giving their specs in different forms meaning that the 12" spec for the motherboard is for the length not the width and then it would fit fine. you should find this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom