WoW lag on decent system??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I'm running WoW on a Shuttle SN41G2, with an Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 512 MB PC3200, a 7200 rpm 120 gig HD (with only like 25 gigs in use), a Radeon 9600 Pro 128 MB video card, and i'm getting terrible lag in heavily populated areas.
I'm also on a T1 connection over CAT-5, and my lag never goes over 200ms, its usually around 80-120.
Should I upgrade my RAM?
I have a Geforce 6600GT on its way, but I dont think that is the cause of my lag...

I thought a 2500+ Barton was well within the requirements for WoW?
I've also run it on my Pentium M 1.6 ghz 2MB cache laptop with 64MB Radeon 9000 and it lags there too.

yea you could use more ram. That processor is enough to run the game but when 30 plus people are on the screen your computer has to download what everyone is doing. Its strains your proc a lot. HAving more ram will from some things up though. Had to do the same thing to a friends comp. The notebook im not suprised lags. That proc can handle it but the video card and ram limit you.

WoW is often quite laggy in populated areas. I would say your internet connection is to blame.

What is your ping when it is lagging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom