would this water block fit skt775

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
does anyone know if this block would fit socket 775, on a gigabyte 965p dq6 if i made a bracket for it?

link

it measures "6x6cms total with 6x5cms contactable on the cpu"

just wondering cause it looks good for use with a water chiller

no it probably wounldt, and to be perfectly honest, it truly looks like a peice of crap...

From the cruddy pictures... that pump looks to be from an aquarium and those water blocks look like they were made by hand...

i know you know a fair bit about water cooling aspire.comptech, which is why i am wondering your reasoning behind criticising an aquarium pump?

aquarium pumps do great for watercooling and i know a lot of pros that use them. though i can understand why you would complain about the pump here :p. as for home made blocks, i reasonably made one can perform quite well but obviously not as good as a decent manufactured one. the set does not seem to be in very good condition. you'll have to clean out the blocks, pump and maybe even flush the radiator. you'll also have to clean the surface of the blocks. for $40 NZ though i guess it's alright.

the blocks seem to be for Socket A which means you don't have the greatest of chances for getting it working on an LGA board unless you're good enough at modding to create some makeshift mounts.

sorry if i can across as hating on aquarium pumps, I just havent seen any kind of water cooling loop in my life that looked as cruddy as that.

I understand that in their own respects that aquarium pumps have both pro's and con's.

However I am more of a follower in the commecial side of water cooling and not the diy side.

My advice, save up the money and buy a nice custom loop, you wont regret it, and the nice thing is, alot of the higher end blocks are compatible with many different sockets and you can continue using the same kit for many years. Mine has been through three different computers with 3 different sockets...

-aspire

well you know what Australian's are like.............

my water cooling knowledge come from OCAU. they're all diy-ers around there. i always talk up Cathar but personally i think he is a genius and he himself uses Eheim aquarium pumps. if it's good enough for the designer of the Storm, Whitewater and Cascade it's good enough for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom