Worth Overclocking? And How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
I have an Nvidia GeForce 5200 FX, The rest of my system is in my sig. Is this worth overclocking? and if so, how do i overclock it? i was overclocking it a while ago, but i recently reformatted and, when i right click on desktop, go to nvidia display, and click my monitor, there isnt the overclocking option in the nvidia program screen, which there used to be. Do i not have the correct drivers or what? Advice needed plz.

Worth it? You wont see a huge gain. The 5200 is a rather weak card. If you can afford to replace it if you accidentally fry it, then go ahead.

if you got the warranty the go for it. That card sux so you wont get much outa it. Google coolbits2 and DL it. that will put the clockfrequecies back under there like you where looking for.

I have recently just learned how to overclock my FX 5200, not much improvment, but its there..dont run it to high..

my old dell had a ti4200 in it, i oced that one a ton and it was able to play most games fairly nicely (that is, for a 2+ yr old card). i say go for it

P.P. Mguire said:
if you got the warranty the go for it. That card sux so you wont get much outa it. Google coolbits2 and DL it. that will put the clockfrequecies back under there like you where looking for.

i think if you oc the vid card it voids the warrenty...i think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom