Is this worth its money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootdamonkey

Baseband Member
see sig image for specs, plus it has a CRT monitor, mouse, keyboard for £300

Ive bought all the parts and am planning to build it myself, any tips?

wat motherboard? and wat size crt? thats about the right price tbh. depending on the size of the monitor.

i dunno wat the processor is worth, and i dont know exactly wat that ram would cost, but that DVD-RW and 80GB hdd alone would be wat...half the price?

DVD-RW $55
80GB HDD $70
512 Ram $60
ATI Card $100

I did not see any semprons that run at 2.6ghz. Is that overclocked? The semprons I saw ran at 1.5-1.8 ghz

I assume he means a 2600+, as a 2.6GHz sempron would be pretty damn fast, faster than most Athlons out there. If that's the case, i would probably pay $300-400USD for that machine at most.

Heyyo,

Yeah, shawn, £ = english pounds.

I think the e with the line through it or something like that means euro.

He's already bought them all, so just assemble carefully. Usually read through the mobo's manual, see how to set the jumpers right for ya.

Another heads up is to be careful with that thermal paste! make sure you're using any, even cheap kind. The main part to be careful for is make sure it's only on the little metal plate, not all over the place. I've fried a 9800 pro cause I accidentally dabbed a bit on my vga silencer and it short circuited a chip out.. it was painful. Now I gotta get another if I can...

Oh! also, if your floppy drive (if you're gonna install one) light won't go off, you've reversed the ide cable. yep. :p

Oops sorry for the confusion gaara, its a 1.8Ghz processor. I'm not too good with the technical numbers and stuff. I guess its still not to bad then, with the 512Mb ram and graphics card it should run smoothly, shouldnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom