is it worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneys-nutz

Baseband Member
i have often been tempted to overclock, i have a 1.9ghz p4, but i wonder if the difference after the o/c is worth all the aggro ?, would you really notice the difference, can some one who has o/c their cpu tell me what it was like after, and would they do it again, also what are the risks involved (overheating and the like).

:cool:

depending on how much you've OC'd your machine, you'll notice some improvements on performance. but a 1mhz increase,..is not worth the hulabaloo.

i've OC'd, 2 of my p4's once...but i live in the tropics and CPU temps get really high. yeah, i'd do it again...but as of now..i don't feel the need to OC.

as far as i know there is only one risk...and its frying your cpu and ruin your system.

but if done correctly..you'll be fine

Hey devilish... if you overclock a cpu 1ghz that is prety good the most i have ever dont is 0.15 ghz

hmmmmmmmm i think if i try it it wil have to be on my older system,550 amd k6, if i fry that one it wont matter that much,lol, i think i might use it as a test bed and see what happens, thanks for all the input though,

ps
i am in south wales at the moment but could be moving back to england soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom