Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
So my motherboard has been giving me a few IDE problems, nothing major, just an annoyance. I found a DFI Lanparty UT NF4 ULTRA-D PCIE for $89 (Canadian) new. So what I want to do is sell my motherboard to one of my friends and my video card for $150. Then I buy the DFI, overclock my CPU even further and a 7600GS. Sound good? I'd only be spending around $130 of my money for this whole thing.

That's a good deal, might as well get rid of your problems while earning some money for your new parts.

reggie_da_man said:
So my motherboard has been giving me a few IDE problems, nothing major, just an annoyance...to one of my friends

Are you sure your friend won't mind that annoyance? Mixing old computer parts (especially faulty ones) and friends...is not always good. :cool:

Pci-e > agp, i'm surprised you haven't made the switch yet. I'd go with a 7600GT or two 7600GS and mod the motherboard to SLI :) but thats just me.

Nah he won't mind the problems, thats why I'm selling both for $150. Yeah I know PCI-e is better than AGP, I've known that for a while now that's why my motherboard is PCI-e and I'm using a PCI-e card:p. I am modding the motherboard to SLI and for now I'm picking up a 7600GS PCI-e and maybe later pick up a second one until I can afford a 8800GTX or GTS.

dude, newegg has got 7900gs's for 140! go w/ that... they'll beat sli'd 7600's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom