Worse performance w/ OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
I just got my Q6600 and scored 13886 on 3dMark06 with my OC to 2.8 Ghz. When I went to 3.0 Ghz I got 12500, I changed a some voltages back to Auto and now I get 10900.

Does anyone know what is going on?

A decrease in performence means that it is unstable and as such some settings or voltages are not quite right, you just have to play around with it..

Is it more than likely not enough voltage....or the other way around? I tried the voltages and 1.4 and 1.425 v and got BSOD. When I set it to auto I didn't get BSOD but the 3dmark scores were pathetic. I mean....my old AMD 6000+ (OC to 3.3Ghz)was almost to 12000.

Its unstable...

Now try to disable Speedstep in your BIOS, people say that sometime makes easy overclocks unstable

I disabled the C1E (Thats what its called right??) But I couldn't find the EIST.

*edit* In PCWizard it does say that Speedstep is still enabled. The EIST at least.

I just checked my BIOS and since I had a multiplier selected instead of having it set to "AUTO" the "Intel Speedstep Technology" had disappeared for some reason. It was disabled anyway.

However, in PCWizard it still says its on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom