So my brother's GF needs a system built and has given me the green light to make her a WOW themed case as she and my brother are both severe addicts.
I picked up a cheapo case a few months ago through the classifieds for $20 but cannot identify it. No markings on it at all, looks like an aopen or coolermaster. Anyways, like a newb I tore it apart and started cutting without a "before" picture. lol, rookie mistake, has been a while since i did a mod, am rusty :P
It looks a bit like the Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite RC-330-KKR1 Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 350W Power Supply - Computer Cases
but has the usb, power, reset and other ports at mid height of the case rather than the bottom. The bottom is fine mesh like that one and has a place for a 92mm or 120mm fan to be installed behind it. the case is black and has two silver side bars on the front sides.
Anyways, plans so far:
1) mobo tray cutting for better wire management behind it
2) insert 120mm air intake at the front of the case and 92mm at rear.
3) cut out side window to see the guts
4) try my hand at my first real stencil on that side window, she wants some floofy image of a netherdrake or something like that...can't find a good netherdrake wallpaper or image so may need new ideas. for some reason she doesn't want any images of women on the side.
5) paint job, she's leaning towards a flat black internal, and a gloss black/lime green external scheme with blue fans. The case needs a paint job bad, the old one was very poor and had a number of scratches on it that need to be removed.
6) Install new bulgin power switch
I'm not an artist so I wont bother with any fancy painting, may install a small window on the front where the two 2.5 bays are for a second stencil, "WOW" or something...
Any ideas are appreciated but relatively simple is a must, i'm on a tight timeline and no budget, this is out of the goodness of my heart and my heart is cheap. here is a quick drawing...gotta love the skills with a brush! lol, I do hope it looks better in RL than on "paper".
I'll have some photos soon of the work done so far.
 that odd blue color there around the "WOW" represents blue glow through plexiglass window with the "WOW" stenciled in, didn't explain that proper and the blue looks weird just sitting there like that. [/edit]
freak'n eh I'm tired, used the quick reply window instead of edit...time for bed.