[WORKLOG] PYZCHO B!TCH II (Harper's New Tower Case Modification)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOG ENTRY - 13/09/05

The LG Black DVD Drive came in for me today. Same with the Belkin 6 Colour-Coded Cable Ties - Velcro Tabs.

I might get another set of Belkin 6 Colour-Coded Cable Ties - Velcro Tabs as the package shows an application where the are tidying up external cables too.

i'm not much of a modder, so i just look at everyone elses work, hehe, the case looks to be coming along very well so far and way to keep most of the cable tucked away, must help with that big case also.

LOG ENTRY - 14/09/05

I got my little Biohazard Glow In The Dark Case Badge today.

I got another Sign writers saying that he will do the orginal designs for about $85 as digital print. I will check if he will do the same thing with a full colour.

The other good thing is that I pass by this guy's shop just about every day. So getting there will be easy.

I hit the case with 2 coats of the mid night glow spray paint. That stuff is NASTY in an enclosed room. My head is still spinning. Since the stuff is fast drying, it just means that I have start hitting the case with the clear gloss tomorrow night.

LOG ENTRY : 16/09/05

Last night and this morning, I have sprayed the case with the Clear Gloss Finish. Once again, silly me purchased too much spray paint as I have an extra untouched and unopen can.

Luke (Best Friend) and Myself where throwing ideas at each other. And I am thinking about mounting some blue neons under the case to give hit that effect that it's floating. I know I will be able to easily mount on on the front. However down the side might be tricky as the case feet might get in the way.

Also, I am looking at the side panals, and i think they look pretty smick at is. So I will build this PC this week end. Have a look at it, and then deside whether or not i go for the digital printing on the side panel.

I was bumming around on Thermaltake's Website today, and I found some thing that was rather interesting
Thermaltake iBOX 5.25" Drive Bay Accessory Box. I might see about getting one of these in as I will find that it will be perfect for leaving screws, screw drivers, Pens (exspecially CD Labeling Pen) in.

LOG ENTRY : 16/09/05 II

I got home and started getting things together.

Here's some pics.

Front of the case.

I will be mounting some blue neon tubes under case. I will have the space for some narrow ones down the middle of the case. As where front will have a small blue neon going accross the base.

They will be mounts so that they will be out of site, but you will see the light glow.

Rear of the case.

The 2 top fan whole will have some 80mm Blue Neon Fans
I have some other mods that i will be putting on the other lower fan hols.

The front panel completed.
Including the little BIO HAZARD Badge.

I have given the case another coat of clear paint. I will do the same again tomorrow morning. I have also touched up one of panels.

LOG ENTRY - 17/09/05

After about 2 weeks of work, I finished PZYCHO B!TCH II.

PZYCHO B!TCH II. FROM THE FRONT

PZYCHO B!TCH II. FROM THE REAR

I spent all day moving parts from my old box, to my new one.

The Ducting Mod was a pain to install
If you notice on the back the PC, you have 2 80mm fan holes right on top of each other. Oringally, I was hoping that i would have the Duct using the bottom hole, where as the top hole was going to be for the a vent out fan (where the half life logo is). It did not work out that way due to the position of the CPU and where the 80mm hole was. And even with installing it via the top 80mm fan hole, it was still about 3 minutes of stuffing around in order to get the ducting mod on the fan.
However which the mount of stuffing around that I had to do with the ducting mod, the results are well worth it!!! It used to be that my CPU temp and my Case temp where on average 10c apart. Eg. CPU = 40c Case Temp = 30c.
NOW with the The Ducting Mod, its about 3c difference. As the CPU is relying on air from outside of the PC.
I do recommend this product to any one that is consered about CPU temps.

At the end of the Ducking Mod, I have installed a fan filter. Especially considering that the rear of the PC is facing my kitchen.

After getting the duct mod sorted out, i proceed with putting together the rest of the PC.

The Thermaltake X-Troller as too much unnessary cabling. For every 3 pin fan connector, there is a molex connector. So i cable tied those 2 together.

The Thermaltake Hardcano 12 was fiddly to install I was I trying to keep both the fan controller and temp sencors out of way. So in parts of the case, i do have cabling going along the frame work of the case.

As for the power and IDE cabling..... well, I tryied keep it need, but in the end, i just cable tied was I could as I was loosing an up hill battle.

Under the PC, I have mounted 2 Blue 30 mm Neon Tubes.

About the only thing that I need to do now is transfer the lettering from my old side panel, onto the new one. I am going to do that in a week or so's time in order to give the paint plenty on time to dry and harden.
I am also exspecting a thermaltake I-box coming in at the end of this week.

I have mounted the speakers right at the top of the case as I notice that there was a thrid speaker facing up inside the unit. Since then, the sound has improved al lot.

If you look at the Case From The Front, you will see the following (TOP to Bottom)
- 5 1/4 Drive Bay Speakers with SubWoffer.
- Thermaltake Hardcano 12
- Thermaltake X-Controller
- Pioneer DVD 110 DVD Burner
- LG DVD Rom
- Spare Drive Bay for when I get the Thermaltake I-Box
- Cooler Master Power Supply Usage Meter (Case with my PSU)
- Sony Floppy Drive (I still use them from time to time)
- Cooler Master 120 mm Fan with Fancy Fan Grill.

As for this PC's specs.
* AMD Athlon Xp 2600+ with Thermaltake Volcano 11 and Badong Super Charge CPU Cooler Ducting Mod
* 2x 512MB DDR Ram @ FSB 400 (1Gb Total)
Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Ultra Motherboard
* Leadteck GeForce FX5700 256MB AGP Video Card with Thermaltake Giant III VGA Cooler (Modded as I replace the blower fan with some thing quieter)
* Seagate 80Gb with 8Mb Cache ATA Hard Drive
* Seagate 200Gb with 8Mb Cache ATA Hard Drive
* LG DVD Rom
* Pioneer 110 DVD-RW
* 5 1/4 Drive Bay Speakers
* Cooler Master Real Power 550 Power Supply
* Modded Aopen H700A Full Tower Case
* Windows XP Pro

Extremely nice work Harper good on ya!
I'm thinking of doing a bit like you but buying a Thermaltake Soprano Case (from you lol) and just adding things like the hardcano 13 etc (also from you lol). But yeah good work mate!

P.P. Mguire said:
Wow man, nice job. That computer is almost exactly like my old one lol (the specs). Ive never seen so many 5 1/4 bays being used before.
Scarey thought is that there is still 3x 3 1/2 Internal Drive Bays that are still avalable. :eek:

As for specs. With the changes that were made to computer technology, I figured Max Out The Motherboard with what I could afford, and then just hope that it gets me by for a long as I can.

I am hoping to get another 18 months to 2 years out of these specs. The big upgrade will most likely come around when UT2k7 come around.

I know that I will definatly get some more ram as soon as 1Gb DDR 400 Stick come below AU$100 and have it running at 2Gb Ram.

I am going to try to hold off from purchasing a new video card. I rather spend that money on a new PCI-X with my next rig.

Some one did ask me how much did all the mods cost me, here's run down. About half of that value was spend in the last 2 weeks.

The following values are in Australian Dollars

Set Of 2 BLUE NEONS $25 x 1 = 25
Neon Blue 80mm Fan $10 x 2 = $20 (On special as my fav. mod supplier is over stocked)
120mm Cooler Master LED Fan = $28
120mm Fan Grill = $10
80mm Case Fan $5 x 2 = $10
2nd Hand H700 Case $80 X 1 = $80 (Normally about $160)
Ducting Mod = $20 x 1 = $20
80mm Air Filter = $5 x 1 = $5
120mm Air Filter = $5 x 1 = $5
Flat Black Spray Paint = $2.50 x 4 = $10
Midnight Glow Spray Paint = $8 x 2 = $16
Clear Gloss Spray Paint = $8 x 2 = $16
Neon Half Life Logo = $12 x 1 = $12
BioHazard Badge = $6 x 1 = $6
80mm BioHazard Fan Gril $14 x 2 = $28
Car Lettering (Have not placed on yet) = $3.50 x 11 = $38.50
(Yes, at $3.50 per letter I am recyclng them from my old case.)
Drive Bay Speakers = $20 x 1 = $20
Hardcano 12 = $90 x 1 = $90
X-Controller = FREE

MODS TOTAL JUST FOR THIS PROJECT = AU$439.50 = US$326.33 = EUR 276.23 = UK $186.53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom