[WORKLOG] PYZCHO B!TCH II (Harper's New Tower Case Modification) - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Build Guru

I would come and get it, but i dont live anywhere near you.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Default Log Entry - 10/09/05

After thinking about it all week, I have desided that I will mount the front 120 mm Fan can fan grill directly on to the front panel.
So I have drilled in 4 holes on to the front of the case so I can mount both grill and fan via some small nuts and bolts. Meanwhile the 120mm will be mounted directly onto the cases inner frame.

Purchase 4 cans of matt black spray paint. And I have given the case it's first coat. One of the panels, I need to remove some of the sticky adhesive that was left over from bossman's mouse holder

As some point in time, I should remove both my 5 1/2 bay speakers and Removable hard drive rack and paint them.

However, i am thinking about purchasing a CircleFire- Professional Music-Media Kit (A1994) instead of painting the speakers. The only problem is that no one is currently importing these into the country. So I might have to get one from over seas.
As for the rack, I might see how much it's just gong to set me back with just purchasing a black one

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Old 09-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Arrow Log Entry - 11/09/05

Managed to get another coat of paint onto the case this morning. And I am hoping to get one more on before the end of today. With about 4 undercoats, I think I am going to be ready for the final metallic black coat and flat lacker finish.

After doing some measurements, I have worked out that the design will need to be no bigger than 25.5cm (W) x 42cm (H). A few limiting factors was the side vent, and the slight indent that is on the side panel.

I have contacted a few sign local sign writers about getting the vinal cut done.

Since I am not sure if I am going to be able to get the Thermaltake Circle Fire Speakers, I figured that I might as well paint my existing drive bay speakers.

Existing 5 1/4 Drive Drive bay speakers. They are nothing fancy, but they produce a fairly reasonable sound for what they are.

Taking apart the plastic was easy. However the 2 front speakers where rather tricky to remove.

Speakers.... GUTTED. I forgot that this thing also have a subwoffer in it. So I am debating about putting in the top 5 1/4 bay.

I picked up the paint that I am going to use for the final coat. It's called Midnight Glow. It's black with this very sligh hint of dark blue.

Now the next question that is bugging me. Should I paint the back of the PC. Now most people don't as you don't see the back of the CPU. However since I seem the back of mine every time I walk into the computer room.
So the question is this, do I leave the back that stock standard grey colour. Or should I paint it black.
After all, I got 2 extra cans of FLAT BLACK that are not going to be used.

[EDIT] I have desided to paint the back of the case black. However I am not going using the Midnight Glow on these areas. Not $8 per can [/EDIT]

Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Old 09-11-2005, 11:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Arrow LOG ENTRY - 12/09/05

I have some of the quotations get back to me today. It looks like it's going to cost me about $100 to get the print done. I've had quotes going up at high as $165 for the orginal print.

Since the design is too complicated to get done with a Vinal Cut, it looks like it's going to be a digital print instead. And a digital print costs the same whether is one colour or full colour. So I figured that I might as well go for a full colour design instead.

So I after thinking about it, I am going for the following image

I have ordered in the following via work :-
* Laser IDE Rack (Black) I have always like the Lazer Racks because they are one of the few brands that have a flap that comes down when you remove the drive.
* Belkin 6 Colour-Coded Cable Ties - Velcro Tabs Part # F8B024 so i can kept my power cables under control.
* Black LG DVD Rom Drive

Since I am just about done on the front panel, here's a little sneak peek. Ignor case that is sitting behind it please. I just wanted to see how it would look like with the lights on.

I can not wait until this week end so I can put her together.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #35 (permalink)
Monster Techie

sorry if someone already mentioned this, but i dont have time to read threw all these posts...

i was just going to mention, one of the first pic's i saw, you have foamy stuff covering 2 of your fans in the back acting as filters.... any filter you put on like that will drasticaly reduce airflow.... since your using a full tower and it appears like there will be a lot of free space of there.... you could make a cube from the Foam filter material, leaving one side open.. place the fan on the open end.... that way you have 5 times the surface area of foam filter material, witch means 5x the possible airflow.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Wish i was that good with mods and **** lol
Old 09-12-2005, 04:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Build Guru

THat looks kickass already.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #38 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Quote:
Originally posted by jolancer
sorry if someone already mentioned this, but i dont have time to read threw all these posts...

i was just going to mention, one of the first pic's i saw, you have foamy stuff covering 2 of your fans in the back acting as filters....
That is the old case. Those filters will not be there any more.

Quote:
any filter you put on like that will drasticaly reduce airflow....
Not like i have a choice. My computer is 10 meters open space directly from where my dad cooks. And he uses too much oil.

Plus there is the fact that my computer room is a magor path way from one end of the house to the other.

I got my sisters guine pig in the same room too.

And the computer is one the ground.

Part from the sharing the "joys" of moving back in with my folks, I also got the problem with my room being rather dusty not mater how many times i vacuum it.

I would like to place the tower on the desk, but I like having my desk space.

Quote:
since your using a full tower and it appears like there will be a lot of free space of there.... you could make a cube from the Foam filter material, leaving one side open.. place the fan on the open end.... that way you have 5 times the surface area of foam filter material, witch means 5x the possible airflow.
I will keep that in mind when I am putting this sucker together.

Quote:
Originally posted by charles_scott
Wish i was that good with mods and **** lol
Just need to have the right tools.
And most importantly just think things out for a while on how you are going to do things.

Quote:
Originally posted by P.P. Mguire
THat looks kickass already.
That is what I sead too

Old 09-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #39 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Wish i would take my time when working on the radio **** in my car >_<
Old 09-12-2005, 10:28 PM   #40 (permalink)
Super Techie

basically the same thing you did, but i did it a few months back. i wanna keep mine white

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ \"Venice\"
ASRock 939Dual-SATA2
2GB OCZ Platinum DDR400
eVGA 256mb 6800GT
ANTEC 430watt TruePower 2.0
WD 160GB 8MB cache HDD
NEC 16x Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
Closed Thread