Ok, part II of the fiberglass saga…here the drive covers are sanded down, primed and sanded again:
The primer makes it a lot easier to spot the problem areas that need more work, you can see some low spots here, for now just getting the holes plugged, then will worry about everything being levellevel:
And here in the top of the front panel that I’m also putting a little filler in, there was a horizontal groove there that I didn’t like. Trying to get as sleek a look as possible...minimize lines. Lol, you can see the evidence of some aggressive sanding there.
As you can see, atleast one if not two more coats of short strand to go…but it’s starting to come together!
Bit of a teaser shot here, took this a few days ago before spraying some random primer…that's with the 22mm orange LED vandal resistant Delrin switch
from performance-pcs and a conduit tubing end I got from mnpctech.com a while back, have a bunch of those lying around from a bulk order, they don't sell them anywhere that I can find locally here in Canada so I order a bunch at a time. The switch I had leftover from a previous build, trying to keep it cheap, chances are I won't have a need for another orange switch for a long while:
Next is to finish the fiberglass work and put some holes in the mobo tray for wire management. Unfortunately updates will probably be coming slower and slower now that school has started back up....I celebrated a bit prematurely last april, my courses were done but my independent project, the last component of my masters of science, still remains, I have a year to complete it and just started this past week. It's going to be getting most of my attention going forward...bah, this sucks.