Does the thread sound familiar?
Common Noob Myths
Ringing a bell? Since that became pretty useful and got viewed a lot, I think this could be useful
Well we'll do this the same style.. this is just a temp thing, until we get a final decision and layout for what the containing will be, so ring up any suggestions
Note theres are all hypothetical examples
- I saw you helped my friend hit 4.0ghz, so can you help me hit 4.0ghz too?
* Yes and No, overclocks have certain variables that can affect how well you can overclock like VID (voltage required to run at stock speeds), Factors of the environment (Temperatures of the Room, Temps of the CPU, Airflow of your Case, your fan)
- So I'm using stock cooler on my CPU, so I can't overclock right?
* Not true, as if you have a decent CPU thats tiny bit overclockable you can run past stock speeds on your stock cooler, just keep an eye on your temps too
- I don't want to overclock because it'll kill my CPU faster
* Thats heresy!! (Study up on those Techie Bible Commandments) CPU's lives are dropped a little from overclocking however, its not much that you'd cry about it (1 million hours to like maybe 999,000 instead?), unless you overjuice it (too much voltage)
For helping by adding something that gets into the full version, you do get credit for helping
CREDITS: vernong1992, advancedgeek