Worklog- CrossFlow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO MARK MOD AWAY!!!!

lol i wish i could take a psu apart like that, but i dont have the resources to mess around with expensive stuff like that...

i never have money, photography and computers cost to much :)

but anyways good job and keep it up!!

Welcome to Tech Forums BigD, nice to see ya. (its the old Silverstone PS out of RedChrome)
I cut the wires short for the Red Chrome and it wouldnt fit into anything else.
For this comp the main 24 pin power wires are gonna be less than 6".That eliminates a lot of the clutter...

PS- didnt you get any of the Ultra 500 watt PS when they were $9?
(makes it a lot funner to mod when its a deal):D

I am making the frame for the HDDS. I am dropping the HDDs and PS below the bottom surface to help cooling and add a little room. I am trying to keep the ps and Hdds below 1 7/8"so my AC Freezer dosent stick out the top of the case and the DVD will fit.

Underneath the comp I will make a Lexan frame and mesh grill to cover the HDDs and PS fins.

The next project is wiring. I figure about 35-45 hrs. I need to solder all the power wires to the back of the mobo. And I need to put a few power blocks so I can add stuff later.(I always forget things, lol)

Attachments

• hddsnps.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 97
Fans

Ok I got bored with wiring so I thought I would work on the fans part. I have a bunch of ACs fans (they are like 4 FOR $20) They are also VERY quiet.
The AC Freezer64 has a 90mm fan that works ok but when I compared it to the 120mm fan the 120mm fan kicked its butt.

On my last build Ultra Blue the cooling tube lowered the VideoCard temps more than 10C, So Im using it here too.

Basically it directs all the flow from the fan over the heatsinks and out. Not spreading warm air all over the place.

The row of 80mm fans will cool off the HDDs, PS and the surface of the mobo too.

Because of this arrangement I can shorten the case 1" as well and the width stays the same.

The front is a little scratched (been in 3 mods and banging around in the closet too for a while. But I am gonna repaint it the same color. Its a color change paint, it changes from green to blue to purple depending on which angle you look at it.

Also for those that havent worked with plastic before it comes covered in paper that protects it, the panels I am using are smoke tinted. When the comp is off you wont be able to see anything. But when you turn it on you will be able to see the inside.

Attachments

• fanwall2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 92
holy crap thats coming out really nicely now that i can make sense of everything.. jeez, thats a great build your making, i'm loving what your doing with the design.. you should start a business :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom