Worklog- CrossFlow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

markkleb

The ModFather
I just finished one comp and thought I should start another. This time I am gonna use a OLD Qpack clone thats been modded a bunch of times (looks like swiss cheese)

Now before those of you younger people start saying "go crossfire, get 7900GTX's, Use a Conroe etc" Im broke and usually use stuff laying around. (dont worry I have a LOT laying around)

When I build a project I usually try to figure where its gonna go from the beginning. What PS im gonna need, where the wires are gonna go what I "REALLY" need the comp for..

This is gonna be a Lan-Boy. East to transport, fun to play on and a definate attention getter. But it has to be solid and stable and above all QUIET!

For parts I am gonna use a DFI Expert mobo, Opty148, 2 WD 160 gig Sata2 16mb buffer HDDs in a Raid0 array and 2 XFX 7600 GS VCs in SLI. For cooling I am gonna use Arctic Cooling fans. AC8's and AC 12's and a AC Freezer for the CPU. They blow good air are cheap and above all else VERY QUIET.. Now how an I gonna fit all this stuff in a little case and still have good airflow?(read on)

Attachments

• qpackguts.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 236
Yea I'm thinking the same thing too...it really looks like it. Especially the one closest to the bottom.

I hate wasting space explaining stuff but, most of this hardware is from my last comp. And most of that was fron the comp before that...

And the reason for the 7600GS is together they draw LESS than 1/2 the power of 1 X1800XT. My 3DMark 05 scores were 9800 and thats plenty for me. (remember I didnt need any Zalman coolers, extra power wires or a big PS either, together they were $100 less than 1 7900, are much shorter and did I mention THEY ARE SILENT!

As to the heatsink being off I am making new copper ones...

what... 9800!! how the **** did you manage that when i only get 9500 with a 7900gt

now i know there's no way in **** 2 7600GS' do better than 1 7900 gt... if 2 7600 gt's do just as good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom