Woohoo! Just got my 6800GT to 430mhz 1.15mhz mem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
I can run Half life 2 with 1 hiccup at the beginning of the game that lasts maybe 2 seconds and after that it incredibly smooth. When I run the Counter-Strike Video Stress test with ALL settings maxed, even AA at 4x and Antisoptric at 16x WITH a 1600x1200 reso I get 46.3 FPS. Is that nice or what. Stock cooling too :)

my 6800GT AGP card maxed out at 433/1185

430/1150 is EXACTLY what I ran it at for 24/7 use though, mine is with water cooling though, it was WAY too hot during summer to even think of hitting those speeds with stock cooler.

I GUESS I need to be OC'ing this PCI-E...I've got it at Ultra speeds for now just to give it time to burn in a little bit even though I haven't been playing games, been trying to get CPU and RAM stable and crap.

Nice... I think my problem is I can't increase the AGP voltage on my card anymore. At it's hottest my card runs at 85c. Thats on the F.E.A.R Demo, and I get ALOT of hang ups playing at those speeds.

are you raising the stock 1.5v that's set in the BIOS? Because that doesn't correlate with the actual GPU Vcore (which could be thought of like the CPU Vcore)

A stock 6800GT runs at 1.4v, the power going to the AGP slot as set in the BIOS is 1.5v....I've seen some people say that helps in higher overclocks, some say it's BS...personally never tried it myself.

However, you can get a program like "Nibitor" and it'll allow you to open up and change your video cards BIOS to a higher voltage.

Flashing it with an Ultra BIOS would also do the same, but I heard that the GT's RAM timings are supposed to be faster...no you can't change the RAM timings, there are options in the video cards BIOS when looking at it in nibitor, but it's all like....hexadecimal lol, soooo yeah theres no sense in bothering with it.

HOWEVER, I've heard of a lot of instances of people raising the Vcore through their BIOS or even using an Ultra BIOS and it causes their card to burn out after a couple months

85C was the hottest my card ran when it had stock cooling as well..and that was at ultra speeds.

Yeah im raising the stock voltage in BIOS. It's at its max now which is 1.7. Im pretty sure it was running at 1.5 from the start, maybe thats because it was overclocked out of the box by BFG.

Oh and upping the voltage DOES work, it does for me anyway. I can't play many games at all with normal voltage without getting several hangups. When I changed it, I don't get any now.

Thresh said:
Yeah im raising the stock voltage in BIOS. It's at its max now which is 1.7. Im pretty sure it was running at 1.5 from the start, maybe thats because it was overclocked out of the box by BFG.

Oh and upping the voltage DOES work, it does for me anyway. I can't play many games at all with normal voltage without getting several hangups. When I changed it, I don't get any now.

Did you lock your AGP frequency at 66? The only way I could see adjusting the voltage to the AGP slot helping is if you were running it at over 66, but you don't want to do that anyways...

Nvidia drivers come with something you can view the temp with. Just right click on your desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, click your vid card, then click temperature. Only on nvidia cards made within last few years I think.

I could be wrong, ive had coolbits installed pretty much since i installed the drivers so it may have been unlocked by that.

Rivatuner is better though for checking load temps. With the built in nVidia temp thing, you need to exit out and then try to check it real quick, at that point the temp has already dropped by 10 degrees or so.

With Rivatuner, it creates a graph of your temps, so you can scroll back through it finding your actual peak temp during load...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom