wooden case........

Status
Not open for further replies.
FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I can just imagine... Using that fine of sand paper and the stain just beading off of the wood... lol...

Ryan
The wood is still porous... you just need to use a water based stain and do several coats (much of the first and second coat of water based lacquers are absorbed into the wood and don't cover the surface, which leads me to believe the water based stains would do the same)

im going to do somthing with a wood case my self

with a window and white lights

Eagleboy said:
The wood is still porous... you just need to use a water based stain and do several coats (much of the first and second coat of water based lacquers are absorbed into the wood and don't cover the surface, which leads me to believe the water based stains would do the same)

I know... I know... I understand what higher grit sandpaper is for and I was making a small joke about the stain beading off... Especially since oak is such an open grained wood.

Ryan

Well, actually that comment was more towards Shumway, I guess. It also pertained to your comment, I dunno...
either way, the sandpaper you use won't affect the finish or stain's ability to absorb, unless the stain is made to "adhere" to the wood.

To be honest, I don't like to stain my projects any... I really like them with out the stains and such, still smooth and you can still smell the oak... Just have to be carefull with it lol

i like to satin my projects or it looks half finished, but i depenbds wahat it is i geus, somethims the raw wood look, looks good

dam it people i need some inspriation, ive browsed so many sites but i cant find anything that inspires me, im probly gonna do it in ply and do some awsomly good paint job to hide its wooden ness, and thin ply to make it curvy and sexy, the this is sort of what im thining somethink like that (obvioulsy differnt) but is so unule and modern and cool, ya know, or i could not paint it, any one got anyideas for my design, or pics of some funky looking case?

comp1.jpg

hers a quick design i just came up with, it could look cool with a ligh underneith

don't try to get tooo crazy (unless of course you're REALLY good at woodworking).

don't let it get gawdy and/or ridiculous. Think about what you would want in a case and build that. This is your chance to have that perfect case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom