won't oc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karpfish24

In Runtime
so u can see my specs in my sig. i tried to oc it a little first starting with 10x230 and then saved and it would do a continuous post.then i brought it down to 215 and i got the same posting. then i changed the mult. to 9 and did x245 and same thing. can ayone tell me if i am doing somrthing wrong or do i need to do soemthing? i brought t back down to stock and it worked

Are you using the stock heatsink? You should get something better. (like thermalright)

You should start out at 205 w/ the overclock and move up from that. You can also undervolt the CPU before you overclock. You slowly move the voltage of the CPU down until you get to the lowest value that the cpu will run. Then you use CPU burn in (program) for around 1 - 2 weeks. Then you can begin the overclock. This is uneeded but may help your overclock in this case.

im using a thermalright xp-90, so nto a problem. so i shouold start small and see f it will run then move up from there, that may help it run?

my guess is that your ram is holding you back. go into genie bios setting. and then dram setting at the top. change the dram frequency to 1:2. read the overclocking guides and the FAQ on this forum.

edit: this is just so you can get an idea of the overclocking ability of your processor, not to leave permanently because it will leave your memory running at a low speed

k i did that upped it to 206 btu it went up like 3 or 4 celcius so i dropped it back and went back to how things were. i am looking at liquoid cooling now so i think if i do that or get my coolign situation a little better ill do it but not right now.

also i dont know if it was like this before but in CPU-Z it says my 3800+ x2 is toldeo core but its manchester. also my memory timings are sorta wierd and not as advertised on newegg even thouhg its on auto. they are 2.5-3-8-3 and cas latency 2.0, shoudl i chance them to the ones on newegg, or what?

no just drop the timings to what they are advertised to run at. the #spd table (where the timings autoset from) are always higher than the advertised timings. if you get problems running at the advertised timings then return them. trust me you shouldn't need liquid cooling yet. if you read a lot more and take things easy you will learn how it is done. i have an x2 3800+ running stable at 2.4ghz below stock voltage. it just takes patience and practice. no matter what you see other people with their processors clocked at only use them as guidelines because each processor has different capabilities but you SHOULD be able to hit 2.4 like mine. once again i can not say this enough: small steps.

ya i thikn im gonna read up and try and qwork my cpu into it. what is the setting in bios to drop cpu voltage causer i see a bunch of voltages and i dont know whihc one it is. im gonna change tot he newegg timings nwo and see what prime 95 says about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom