wire management NIGHTMARE!!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so basically running the cable where I have it is bad, right? and basically ANYTHING I can do to change this is appropriate? even to the point of drilling a hole in my brand new case?

and another question... I need help w/ a new L.C.S. what brand would you recomend? I already have a suggestion from b1gapl, he says to get it from petrastechshop.com. I need some other suggestions, and also anything else I should get for OCing my Intel...

But anyway, if you know how to use a jigsaw, you can cut some holes in the motherboard tray like I did, so you can route some wires through.

I like that idea , very nice job :)

okay... thanks for the help. I will try to find my camera so that I can put up pics of my new rig (once I get that sweet new graphics card in my sig in green) and my very first build and let you all critique it for me...

but I still need suggestions on the liquid cooling system to replace the thermaltake in my sig.

I installed 2 120's and took out my 3x 80s and it was actually a lot quieter. Not sure why.... but they just were nearly silent in comparison.

For some reason, 120 mm fans tend to run quieter than 80 mm fans in general, I think it has something to do with the angle of the blades, because they're angled differently between the 2 sizes.

larger blades, therefore can push more air, therefore don't need as high speed

But even at high speeds they are very quite. I believe it has something to do with the larger blade size and spacing that actually result in less turbulence or audible buzz. I should ask my professors if there's any truth in that. It seems probable.

Lian-Li PC-A70
with 3 x 120mm fan holes cut into the top
motherboard tray with holes cut into it for wire management
top power supply/drive bay cage removed
modified/made some of my own cables

Foxconn C51XEM2AA Nforce 590 SLI board
AMD 6000+ (going for a Phenom X4)
Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
2 x 1GB DDR2-800
Netgear WG311T (using Atheros drivers)
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (replaced OpAmps with 3 x LME49720's and 1 x LM4562, and replaced 1 x 220uF power capacitor with 1 x 2200uF capacitor)
Hiper Type-R 580W
WD Raptor 74GB (ADFD)
Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200.10
3 x Seagate Barracuda 750GB 7200.10
Pioneer DVR-212
Thermaltake Sonic Tower (temporary)
Thermochill PA120.3 radiator
Swiftech Apogee GT
Swiftech MCP655
Thermalright HR-03 Plus
Thermalright HR-05 SLI
Chimei 221D
Logitech G15, G7 and G5
Logitech Z-5500D

But even at high speeds they are very quite. I believe it has something to do with the larger blade size and spacing that actually result in less turbulence or audible buzz. I should ask my professors if there's any truth in that. It seems probable.

No, he's right. It's just that they have larger blades so they don't need to spin as fast.

Turn a 120mm fan as fast as an 80mm fan and trust me, it's going to sound like a vacuum cleaner.

Lian-Li PC-A70
with 3 x 120mm fan holes cut into the top
motherboard tray with holes cut into it for wire management
top power supply/drive bay cage removed
modified/made some of my own cables

Foxconn C51XEM2AA Nforce 590 SLI board
AMD 6000+ (going for a Phenom X4)
Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
2 x 1GB DDR2-800
Netgear WG311T (using Atheros drivers)
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (replaced OpAmps with 3 x LME49720's and 1 x LM4562, and replaced 1 x 220uF power capacitor with 1 x 2200uF capacitor)
Hiper Type-R 580W
WD Raptor 74GB (ADFD)
Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200.10
3 x Seagate Barracuda 750GB 7200.10
Pioneer DVR-212
Thermaltake Sonic Tower (temporary)
Thermochill PA120.3 radiator
Swiftech Apogee GT
Swiftech MCP655
Thermalright HR-03 Plus
Thermalright HR-05 SLI
Chimei 221D
Logitech G15, G7 and G5
Logitech Z-5500D

hey apok,
i understand the need for so many hdd, but why so many mice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom