Wire Hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
So after long fighting myself I've decided to create hideaway holes.
picture.php

Before

picture.php

Deconstruction

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cut the whole out using a rotary tool with a reinforced cutting wheel.

picture.php

I put rubber uchannel around the edges to prevent it from cutting the wires (its an ugly job but you can see it when its put together.)

picture.php

To get the wires to where I wanted them I had to cut into the HD cage.

picture.php

After the cut i ground it down and put uchannel on there aswell.

picture.php

picture.php

Much cleaner but I hate the ****ing ribbon. Either I'm going to take out that drive or replace it.

Wow, dedication :D
A few simple things that might help. Turn the fan on the cpu 180 degrees, so the wire is coming out closer to the PSU not curving around.
Turn the HDD around too, so the cables aren't at the front.

Other than that, for what you're working with, I'd say you've done a great job!

Wow, dedication :D
A few simple things that might help. Turn the fan on the cpu 180 degrees, so the wire is coming out closer to the PSU not curving around.
Turn the HDD around too, so the cables aren't at the front.

Other than that, for what you're working with, I'd say you've done a great job!

Thank you for the compliments. :thumbsup: I'm really just trying to make the best out of this case until I can afford something really nice but thats more towards when I can upgrade to a new am3 board and Phenom ii or something higher

The fan idea isn't bad but I think i'd want to go 90 because than i can zip tie it easier and cleaner to the P4 and case fan wires but still will do.

The HDD on the other hand, for one the cage would need to be cut more due to support flaps and that might stress the support on the drive and I dont want to risk any rattling of the drive or bending of the cage. Two. I'd be worried about breaking the sata female on the drive when I put the shell on. There's barely enough room for the wires in the hideaway much less the connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom