Winters coming and you know what that means

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys ever daydream about rediculous over-the-top intake systems that run through a whole in your wall to the outside....Yea I drift off at work alot....But what I mean its a big tube leading from outside to your intakes, that would be beautiful btw like so many of you I also am cursed/blessed with a super hot room in the summer and a super cold room in the winter, figure I may as well up my clocks especially with all the DX10 goodies coming out around Christmas

my lowest cpu was last winter on my hp, (3200+ amd) and it was 16c with scythe, room temp was 40f (like 4 c i think). yeah i live in the desert, it freezes here. but in the summer, whew watch out! i was laughing at this
Outside temp: 114f
inside temp: 118f
pc temp: 38c

and the best time for me to overclock here is right about 5am, because thats when it gets the coldest, and all I have to do is open my window, move this piece of cardboard, and the pc will get this super-chilled air from outside.

but winter makes the best of gaming: no sweating in those intense shootouts, and your hand doesn't sweat, so it don't slip, therefore, more efficient headshots!

I would rather have a tube leading outside. So the exhaust would escape. That way my computer would not heat my room up. :)

Or, I want build a sealed box, be able to put my computer in it. and have a A/C unit blowing inside. I guess I would need one little vent.....

i keep my windows open during the winter.

i can't sleep in the heat. i've gotta have antarctica like temps in my room.

my computer was idling at 26*C the other night. never broke 47*C in Prime under full load. normally it hits 55*C in Prime and idles at 35-36*C

my lowest cpu was last winter on my hp, (3200+ amd) and it was 16c with scythe, room temp was 40f (like 4 c i think). yeah i live in the desert, it freezes here. but in the summer, whew watch out! i was laughing at this
Outside temp: 114f
inside temp: 118f
pc temp: 38c

and the best time for me to overclock here is right about 5am, because thats when it gets the coldest, and all I have to do is open my window, move this piece of cardboard, and the pc will get this super-chilled air from outside.

but winter makes the best of gaming: no sweating in those intense shootouts, and your hand doesn't sweat, so it don't slip, therefore, more efficient headshots!

those are the words of a noob... cold is terrible for gamers, especially competitive noobers, cold freezes up your joints and makes your fingers all ridigity, decreased mouse aiming, sweat is fixed by wiping your hands... gloves are bulky and annoying so you have to go through the hassle of raising the entire room temperature to do any good

Is there such thing as TOO cold? I mean like if your room is in the teens in fahrenheit, can it be bad for your components?

The colder, the better for the computer. It's ok, even in the negative range. But too much of something isn't good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom