Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
want to put a window in the top of my mystic htpc case. All guides that I have found bolt the plexiglass under the cut out and use edgers to stop the case from being sharp is this the norm I would prefer plexiglass which fits exactly into the gap rather then cheating and just bolting the plexiglass underneath the hole??

Matt

My friend did a window mod on his case MANY years ago... it came out quite nice, and used clear acryllic and rubber gasgets to hold the window in place...

PC Case Gear: Quality PC case window kits

not sure about the reputation from that website, but those were the style of window he had, top row, second from the left.

I don't think it looks wierd, makes it look OEM... I like the rubber on the brushed aluminium in the sample pics....

You might be able to paint it after it is installed, not sure what kind of effect the paint would have on the rubber though.

I have found out that window moulding for cars is the same so I can use that instead and luckily that comes in silver. I am thinking of making one large window on the top and then two oval shaped window on either side :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom